Barn Cat Bash
Sunday, June 2, 2013 5:30 pm
Grotto, 2300 Highland Village Road, Highland Village, TX
Reservations: 972-315-2875 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Silent and Live Auctions, Buffet Dinner, Wine-Wine-Wine!
Cat & Dog Items, Jewelry, Yard Art, Wine Baskets, and much more!
Current count is 67 – we can still take in an additional 10
Get your reservations in!
Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get
BMG (Bitch – Moan - Groan)
Relocations and In Take: Placed 14 this week with intake at 17:
3 Greenville Rescue
3 Workshop in Annetta
1 Greenhouse in Oak Leaf (Sheba)
4 Garage/Backyard in Melissa (Pepper, Baxter, Bruce, Ava)
3 Barn in Sanger (Beth, Liz, Morgan)
The workshop in Annetta turns out is the mom of someone we put cats with about 5 years ago. He took 5 and 3 are still around.
Bad News: Geri was a torti that came from the “Miss Texas” hoarder earlier this year. She was always small and I worried about her. We did some blood work and nothing appeared out of the ordinary…so…I relo’ed her to Oak Leaf. I alerted the property owner that she might be “coming down with a cold” or something. He called on Tuesday (afternoon of the bad storm) that she “did not look good”. I picked her up on Wednesday. It was raining, hailing, etc. too much on Tuesday afternoon for me to get through Dallas. Dr. Jim at All Care knocked her out and felt something “weird” in her belly. He did an x-ray then withdrew some fluid from her abdomen. BAD NEWS: Fluid showed cancer. Geri was euthanized about 1:30 that afternoon, 5/22/13. RIP Miss Geri! She is in a better place with much less pain.
Our Cats after Release:
· Azle – Nordie, Charity, and Noel have all been seen around the property but are mostly hiding. As long as the rodents disappear, all will be good at the church in Azle.
· Got many places to pick up next week (Burleson, Waxahachie, Dallas, Flower Mound, Rhome)…hope to see many of our guys next week.
Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get:
· Greenville UPDATE: She got 3 out of 4 to the clinic. When the 4th gets spayed, then we can talk about kitten pickup.
· Remember the call from south and east of Temple/Belton – guy with LOTS of cats and no way to get them sterilized. WELL – he came through this week. There is a low cost mobile vet or satellite location for a group out of Austin. AND – he has an appointment. AND -- they will take our credit card over the phone. I DON’T BELIEVE IT!
· Hysterical Phone Calls: You know, folks, you need to at least be coherent when you call someone late at night. Try to calm down and make sense! AND…I cannot help you anytime with a neighborhood problem with kittens – we never take kittens. Kittens can be carried off by a hawk in the daytime or an owl at night. They become DINNER!
Thanks for following the Barn Cats blog. See you next week! Peg