Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Calls/EMAILS You Don’t Want to Get
BMG (Bitch – Moan - Groan)
OMG (Oh My God)
Surprise at PetsMart
Relocations and In Take: Placed 20 this week with intake at 7 – YES – finally less intake!
2 Greenville Rescue
5 Adoption Group (Beazy Bear, Lucy, Sugar, Wylie, Asher)
1 Backyard/Garage in Allen (LuAnn)
4 Barn in McKinney (Sabrina, Puddin, Lucy, Lonnie)
1 TNR (Stewart)
3 Barn in Argyle (Jessie, Jordan, Jamie)
2 Barn in Little Elm (Frieda, Reggie)
2 Barn in Ovilla (Tripod, Magi)
September Closeout: We placed a total of 64 in September in 9 North Texas counties:
Collin Denton Grayson Hunt Tarrant
Dallas Fannin Henderson Parker
Cats after Release:
1. Weatherford: Alex and Carlos from Fairfield, TX. are doing well in Weatherford. They have been out “exploring” then Jackie returned them to the cage. Next Sunday will be their release date.
2. Northlake: Kojack and Danali are doing well in Northlake. They “roam” the property and clean out the main barn and the utility/hay shed…”working cats” for sure.
3. Chandler: Bobbi went to this sunroom/deck. She spent her first week of confinement making a mess each night. Toward the end of the week, her captor was cleaning the litter box and she TOOK OFF! Well, they found her later the same day behind the washer/dryer (that is why that area is blocked in my laundry room). At last email, she was making biscuits on the husband’s shoulder with her little prickly claws! They are relieved and hope for no more drama.
4. Southlake: Martha and Mary are hiding in the rafters of the barn but have ventured out into the pasture via the cat room. Both are doing well.
5. Flower Mound: Shiloh has made herself at home in the backyard of this home.
6. Argyle: Sue Ellen and Pam (The Ewing’s) are still hanging out in the tack room at their new barn home in Argyle. Sue Ellen was under a sink and not accessible, but Pam was in the shower. The family has acquired a donkey for coyote control – GREAT!
Calls/EMAILS You Don’t Want to Get: I continue to get emails from a guy in Valley View, TX that we helped 2 ½ years ago. We sent carriers into his house and he came out with 27 kittens and 4 nursing moms. Well we do not take kittens but did that time. All eventually went to adoption groups but it was a long, expensive adventure for Barn Cats! I took him several traps and told him to call me and I would pick them up. NEVER HAPPENNED! 4 months later, I contacted the Chief of Police to get our traps back. OF COURSE – he never followed through so now there are many, many cats back in that house. I am taking a representative from another group with me hoping he will take a guy more seriously than he did with us.
BMG: A lady in South Dallas got 20 cats fixed through the Big Fix for Big D. Well, now she is moving and wants us to take these 20 cats AND only gave us 2 weeks. The cats got sterilized and a rabies shot. Well, we require a negative test for feline leukemia and a distemper shot. I told her were could take 2 a week but the vet work has to be done. She is going to check on where she can get this done and then call back. OH SURE!
OMG: I received a call from a vet clinic in Richardson. A semi-feral cat had been brought to the clinic and then abandoned. YES – I picked her up – Callie is here now.
Surprise at PetsMart: I stopped in the PetsMart at the Rayburn Tollway and Custer to buy IAMS. I passed by the Love-A-Pet Center and THERE WAS OUR JUDY! We traded her to Texas Cares and she is now up for adoption. Judy was found alongside a highway near Sherman by one of our barn owners who was going to see her veterinarian. Now she will get a safe, all-indoor home through Texas Cares. (Sorry for the glare – picture taken through glass).
Thanks for following the Barn Cats blog. See you next week! Peg