Blog 06/27/16 to 06/30/16
BLOG ON VACATION UNTIL JULY 24th
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails: Save the Cats but Don’t Spent Any Money
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan: Small Black Kitten Dead on Hwy 820
OMG (Oh My God): Barn Cat from 9 Years Ago
Relocations and In Take: We had 4 placements this week.
2 Barn in McKinney (Yellow, Flower)
2 Backyard Patio in Northlake (Buddy, Stripes)
Our Cats after Release:
1. McKinney: Placed Mr. Kitty, Fergie, Millie, Panther, and Priscilla were placed in this barn with llamas and donkeys. All have been spotted. I have a picture of one on the black cats and the orange guys, Mr. Kitty.
2. Bartonville: Gray Bear, Sylverstra, and Twin have moved from the chicken barn to another barn on the property. All three are still together and were just spotted that morning.
3. Fort Worth: Ivan and Sandy were placed at the equestrian center. The food is disappearing but they have not been spotted. HOWEVER – the snakes are gone! YES!
4. Southlake: Greta, Brenda, and Stan want to this garage in Southlake. They are being illusive but they found two dismembered birds in the driveway! Cats are still there!
5. Leonard: Lucas and Luther are two brothers that went to this barn/workshop in Lucas. Both are black so do not know who we saw…but…here is the picture!
6. Wylie: Jerry and Justin went to this backyard patio. One is still around and is seen each day. I’ll bet the other is still there too – they look alike.
7. Lewisville: Mr. Lucky went to a dog training facility where he can roam free and catch mice all night. DO YOUR JOB, MR. LUCKY!
8. Keller: Butterscotch, Clover, Natalie, Oscar, Monica, and Friendly were placed in a 10x10 foot dog run with a top. The property owner is keeping them contained for an additional week so she can better bond with them….good idea!
Bad Calls/Emails: Save the Cats but Don’t Spend My Money
Got a call from someone that wants the cats saved but wants other people to SPEND THEIR MONEY. Well – it does not work that way. Sorry! You want the warm fuzzy – “I saved their lives” but really you did not. Get a grip!
BMG: Small Black Kitten Dead on Hwy 820
You know – I hate this. There was a really small black kitten dead along Hwy 820 in West Fort Worth. This just breaks my heart. I hope if there are other kittens in that bunch that they learned from the death of that tiny creature. RIP, Kitten!
OMG: Barn Cat from 9 Years Ago
We put a cat in a backyard in North Lake 9 years ago. Last February, he got sick, probably liver or kidney problems, and they had to put him to sleep. They were not sure if they wanted another cat because they got so close to Kit. BUT – the rodents have moved in and they call us again. Buddy and Stripes were to that lovely backyard. I hope they have 9 years there as well!
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog. Peg