Sunday, August 26, 2018

08/20/18 to 08/26/18


Blog 08/20/18 to 08/26/18

NORTH TEXAS GIVING DAY
SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Unable to Reach a Barn Owner…???
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Black Cats
OMG (Oh My God):  Cats for the Backyard in Allen

Relocations:   I placed 4 this week. 
            2          Backyard in Allen (Fran, Denine)
            2          Garage in Southlake (Sandy, Thomas)
                       
Our Cats after Release: 
There was no equipment to pick up this week.  However, I received an update about some cats I placed in Ennis last year.  Carl and Price went to this LARGE barn in between Waxahachie and Ennis.  Looks like they are doing well…

 
Calls/Emails:   Unable to Reach a Barn Owner…???
I received an email from a guy wanting cats for his property.  I talked to him a week ago.  We discuss cats and where to put them and decided we would have to do a weekend because of both him and his wife’s work schedules.  OK – no problem.  BUT, he is not returning my phone messages and/or emails.  I am at a loss…  AND we are now out of weekend. 
                                    
BMG:   Black Cats
My mom always said having a black cat was GOOD LUCK!  I agree with that.  I currently have 3 black cats, a calico, and a brown tabby.  Twice this week I heard that people are afraid of black cats.  NOT ME!  I just don’t get it.  At one point in my life I had 9 black cats.  Someone asked me if I was a witch.  ANSWER:  “I have 9 black cats – I don’t have time to be a witch!”

OMG:  Cats for the Backyard in Allen
The family had purchased a very nice cat house and set it up in the backyard behind a small garden shed.  It is always best when there is a “cat house” that it be incorporated inside the caging.  BUT – it was about 8 to 10 inches taller than any of my caging.  Well, it was time for a hillbilly fix:  You can do almost anything with enough bungee cords.  It took about an hour but I contained the cat house inside the fencing.  Fran and Denine are doing well there and I am glad.

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment