Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10/08/2012 to 10/14/2012



Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Dogs Dumped in Denton County - Update
Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get


Relocations and In Take:   I placed 14 this week with in-take at 12.                                                     
3          Barn Red Oak
2          Garage in Burleson
2          Barn #1 in Argyle
2          Barn #2 in Argyle
3          Kittens to an adoption group
2          Barn in Royce City
That barn owner where I wanted to place one last Sunday got delayed. He broke is ankle! Ouch!

Our Cats after Release:  I picked up in Crowley this week but only saw Cole again. Sophie and Faith are around but I did not see them.      
           
Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get: 
·         I have been exchanging emails with a lady who (it appears) has separated from her husband and moved into Dallas/Ft. Worth. There are 9 cats…all spayed/neutered but will need to be tested and given current rabies and distemper shots. I offered her caging to get the cats out of danger until I can take them…but...she cannot do that….hummmm! Well, I will take them when I can. 
·         Thursday morning at 8:09, I received a message from a lady being evicted in ONE WEEK with lots of cats that she feeds but has had no money to get them spayed/neutered…but she does not want them euthanized. How many spay/neuter clinics are there in the metroplex? I wonder how we can get the word out to more people so they know the resources they have? If only they could be spayed/neutered and not have so many to deal with. I left her a message but she has not called me back. 

Dogs Dumped in Denton County - Update:  The Maltese dogs went to the Flower Mound Animal Shelter. Those dogs were released to adoption groups who can control/interview the folks who adopt them. The only ones left at the shelter were in poor health…most with bad teeth…not unusual for the breed. That Hwy 377 location is NOT in Sanger but in Flower Mound and the cross street was Stonecrest. That area is just south of Argyle but I guess is still a Flower Mound address. The King Charles Spaniels were turned over to the Humane Society of North Texas in Ft. Worth. They have been “adopted” to individuals.  

Thanks for following the Barn Cat Blog.  See you next week.           Peg             

No comments:

Post a Comment