Blog 12/07/15 to 12/27/15
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails: Guilt Trip: 15-Year-Old Cat to Animal Services
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan): From California to Maryland
OMG (Oh My God): Christmas Vanna
Hal -- RIP
Relocations and In Take: We had 11 placements this week.
4 Barn in Prosper (Captain Jack, Tootie, Linda Sue, Dahlia)
2 Barn in Red Oak (Martha, Lazarus)
2 Barn in Copper Canyon (Lucy, Topper)
2 Barn in Fort Worth (Loki, Chance)
1 Shed in Wichita Falls (Rose)
Our Cats after Release:
1. Crowley: Toby went to this garage in Crowley. From the photo, he is doing well.
2. Greenville: Posey and Petunia went to the barn on an organic farm just north of Greenville. Both were seen that morning and are doing well.
3. Fairview: Spot was placed in the garage and Mork and Mindy in the barn. All are doing well. Mork and Mindy have taken up residence in the rafters of this small barn in a neighborhood.
4. Van Alstyne: Tinkerbelle, Loni, and Grace went to this goat farm where they have 4 or 5 Great Pyrenes dogs for protection. All 3 are living on top of the tack room is an insulated feral house that was given to Barn Cats by the SPCA of Texas….many thanks! The barn owner had said she had seen those on line and it is a $300 value – geez! BUT – it will house all 3 cats and keep them warm this winter.
5. Gunter: Vivian and Effie were placed here. Both are around and I saw the Siamese Mix but did not get a picture.
6. Flower Mound: Tobi and Emma were placed in this insulated barn. Emma is not in the house and Tobi is enjoying the barn. Both are doing great!
Bad Calls/EMAILS: Guilt Trip: 15-Year-Old Cat to Animal Services
A guy called the main Barn Cats number and I answered the phone. He went on and on, never took a breath, and I had to yell at him to listen. He continued to talk over me and had a “smart” answer for all my questions/comments. Then he tried the guilt trip: I guess I will just have to take my 15-year-old cat to animal services. THAT DID IT! I told him he is going straight to HELL and I hung up on him.
BMG: From California to Maryland
I received a call from a lady in Maryland who said a person she knew was driving from Maryland to California to pick up her 25 cats. Probably 10 or 12 of them are semi-feral. There are places in California that do barning but she had not pursued it. This person in Maryland wanted me to take those semi-feral cats and she would get her to pass through Texas to drop them off…WHAT! No – if this person did not pursue getting them placed in California, she is not going to drive into Texas to leave them here even if I would take them which is not the case. We have plenty of cats here! She was just trying to help but I would be willing to bed the owner of the cats would not give them up. Sorry – cannot help with this one for sure!
OMG: Christmas Vanna
Vanna is a Turkish Van that we put in a barn in Bartonville several years ago. I received this photo from the barn owners. She is doing great and looks really good in the hat!
Tornado Update: Barn Cats, Inc. homestead was not affected by the tornado in the metroplex. However, we had several sites in its’ path where we had recently placed cats. I have been in contact with all those sites (Glenn Heights, Red Oak, Rowlett) and none were hit but it was soooooo close – like less than ½ mile. Don’t Mess with Mother Nature!
Hal – RIP
Do you remember the female cat that had “external tumors” -- balls? Well, Hal was FIP+ and had lots of health problems that we just could not seem to get under control. He quit eating for 2 or 3 days – I was force-feeding him but he would just throw it up. I went to the Emergency Clinic on Saturday morning and had him put to sleep. What a kind, gentle soul – but he just did not have a chance. His final 2 months were safe and dry here at Barn Cats. HAL – GET A BETTER BODY NEXT TIME! RIP, Mr. Hal!
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog. Peg