Blog 03/24/14 to 03/30/14
Barn Cat Bash, June 1st,
Bistecca (formerly Grotto) in Highland Village
Reservations Required (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get: Pregnant Cats
BMG (Bitch – Moan - Groan): Message in Subject Line
OMG (Oh My God): Good Stuff (for a change!)
Relocations and In Take: Placed 22 this week with intake at 10.
7 Barn in Whitewright (Target, Tess, Four Paws, Dusty, Speckles, Patch, Sammy)
7 Barn in Blue Ridge (Terri, Tammy, Tori, Nacho, Harry, Sally, Tom)
2 Barn in Justin (Charles, Chris)
6 Bonham Rescue
Chris and Charles came from the same location in Burleson but were delivered here 1 month apart. When I put them in the cage in Justin, one ran into the carrier of the other – AHHHH! Most likely they are brothers – both Lynx Point Siamese-looking cats.
Nacho came from Hickory Creek Animal Services. He was neutered late in life so his urine smells really bad! We put him in Blue Ridge in their stallion barn – keeping all the “boys” together. Looks like he has made a friend…
Our Cats after Release: Picked up equipment in 4 locations this week.
1. Ponder: Manny went here to be a friend for Sally. Neither one is still there. So – don’t know – just no sign.
2. Rockwall: Randi, Larry, Lori, Ginger, Mary Ann, Gilligan went to this workshop/garage. This is the location with Obama, the llama. The barn owner brought the equipment to their rock yard so I did not return to the barn. SO – did not get to see any cats and/or Obama. She said they are all still around…so good news!
3. Rhome: Lilly and Carmen are doing well here. Again, I did not get to see them because the barn owners left the equipment outside the gate so I could just pick it up (they were not home).
4. Rockwall County: The family here loves Icarus. He is doing well…again…equipment was left outside the gate. Did not get to see him.
Calls/EMAILS You Don’t Want to Get: Pregnant Cats
From last week – the mom and 5 2-day-old kittens: I did not hear from those folks until I left an phone message that basically said – if I do not get the rest by next Friday, we will not help you. SO, the other female and male came in on Sunday. The female from the second litter I received last week was pregnant when she was spayed on Friday. Just picture:
Mom with 5 kittens
Female pregnant (from second litter)
2nd female probably pregnant (from second litter)
Son (from second litter)
People assume that sisters, brothers, mom, and/or dad will not have sex with each other – WRONG! Also, they can get pregnant while they are nursing.
BMG: Message in Subject Line
Received an email with the entire message IN THE SUBJECT LINE! WHAT? I could only see about 8 words. I had to print it out to see what the person wanted. Geez!
OMG: Good Stuff
1. There is a new Great Pyrenees Rescue location in Whitewright, Texas – Grayson County. The lady starting it is working on her 501C3, etc. Will be wonderful to have a second group to refer folks to that is closer to them. We put 7 cats there this week. There will not be a coyote for 30 miles around this location. She currently has 10 Great Pyres!
2. Received a call from an Oklahoma City suburb this week. Sorry – out of our service area but she called because she saw the barn cat piece on RFD TV this week – YEAH – they are running out stuff again! Always good news!
3. YES – There are some people that do plan: I received a call from a lady who is going to take 3 ferals from around Love Field – the Southwest Airlines building and put them at her barn in the Waxahachie area. I am going over on Sunday (April 13th) to set the equipment and they will trap on Sunday night. Two weeks ahead! THANKS!
Thanks for following the Barn Cats blog. See you next week! Peg