Blog 04/20/15 to 04/26/15
REMINDER: Barn Cat Bash, June 7th, 5:30 pm
Bistecca in Highland Village, TX $45 per person
972-315-2875 or email@example.com for an invitation
Silent/Live Auctions, Buffet Dinner, Endless Wine!
Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails: 10-Year Old Orange Tabby DISCARDED!
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan): Family Throws Out Cats
OMG (Oh My God): Carlos in Weatherford
Relocations and In Take: Placed 18 this week with intake at 6.
5 Barn in Copper Canyon (Ginger, Greta, Glenda, Gavin, Grayson)
3 Barn in Copper Canyon (Moxie, Misty, Beau)
1 Garage in Argyle (Chelsea)
9 Bonham Rescue
Our Cats after Release: Picked up in 7 locations this week.
1. Avalon: Moxie, Gail, Alice, and George were placed in this barn. They are hanging out under a nearby shed. The property owner is going to put in a cat door there. Hay is stored in that shed.
2. Frost: This cattle ranch received Bright Eyes, Pretty Girl, Hope, Daddy Cat, Fred, and Barney. The property owner was not around and we did not get to see any of the cats.
3. Frost: Kirk, Kevin, and Kelli (all from Keller) have gone to live in this barn in Frost.
4. Celina: Taffy, Licorice, and Hunter were placed in Celina in a barn that is attached to the property’s owner’s home. Hunter has not been seen but the other two are together in a second barn on the property.
5. Fairview: Samantha and Steve went to this shed/workshop. The litter box had “new stuff” in it, so they are still around.
6. Wills Point: Felix, Abner, and Rena went to this barn storage area. All are still around and “taking care of business” for the property owner.
7. Nemo: Hoot and Meeko went to this barn in Nemo. There was “stuff” in the litter box overnight so they are still there.
Out of all these cats we did not see anyone this week. The Nemo location had really bad weather over Sunday night…tornado near Glen Rose which is in the same county. I exchanged text messages with the property owner and everyone is OK there!
Bad Calls/EMAILS: 10-Year-Old Orange Tabby DISCARDED!
This is unbelievable: This couple’s pet was brought to Arlington, TX so the wife’s mom could keep him safe pending return of the military couple stateside. This was between October and December of last year – 2014. He is 10-years-old and very sweet. SO – WHAT KIND OF EVIL PERSON TAKES A BELOVED CAT, SAYS THEY WILL CARE FOR IT, THEN TURNS IT INTO A SHELTER OR WORSE DUMPS IT SOMEWHERE? Barn Cats did not receive a 10-year-old orange tabby during that time frame from anyone. The cat had 2 microchips: one person and one military. Every shelter, vet clinic, and adoption group has a microchip scanner or access to one. I hope they find him but it is not looking good at this point. I hope that mom ROTS IN HELL!
UPDATE: She turned the cat into Arlington Animal Services and they released him to a local adoption group. BUT – AAS will not tell the original owner what group took the cat. They are making her do a freedom of information request to the city. GEEZ! I hope they discover that the cat was adopted by a loving family and is doing well somewhere…but I still hope the mom ROTS IN HELL!
BMG: Family Throws Out Cats
An elderly person passed away in the Dallas area and Feral Friends received a call to rescue the cats. There are 5. The family could find 4 and just tossed them outside to fend for themselves. The 5th one is still in the house. Barn Cats will take them next week after the vet work is completed. Feral Friends will be handling the actual rescue. These 5 cats were obviously important to the person that passed away but the family just does not care. Another reason to HATE PEOPLE!
OMG: Carlos in Weatherford
A couple of years ago we placed two cats in a barn in Weatherford. Carlos is still around and is now spending some of his time in the main house. Carlos is a medium-haired black cage – very personable guy. He is doing well…
All of the Barn Cat auctions always have lots of cat and dog-themed items. These are two hanging bird feeders – one cat and one dog. They are really cute, I think.
“Thanks” for following the Barn Cats Blog. See you all next week. Peg