Blog 02/12/18 to 02/18/18
There will be no BLOG for 2/19-2/25. I am having eye surgery on Monday and will be “down for the count” for this week…no relos and no equipment picked up. Hope it only lasts for one week…???
Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.: I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019. I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff. I will be available for consultation. If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 email@example.com
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails: Shed Delivered – See Picture!
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan): Phone Messages Not Returned
OMG (Oh My God): Cats in Crossroads
Relocations: I placed 12 this week. All will have heaters or heat lamps with them plus our double winter hidey boxes, rugs and blankets to cover the cages.
3 Barn in Quinlan (Mystery, Winter, Looper)
2 Workshop in Castle Hills (Grady, Ben)
3 Garage and Workshop in Celina (Midnight, Smokey, Felix)
4 Barn in Crossroads (Ward, June, Edie, Wally)
Our Cats after Release:
1. Waxahachie: Asher and Daisy went to this goat farm. There have been NO MORE SIGNS OF RODENTS since they were released. WAY TO GO!
2. Flower Mound: Smokey Joe and Bobcat went to this barn where we put cats many, many years ago. One is still there. The two boys have made friends with the remaining cat so all is well in Flower Mound.
3. Parker: Woody, Winky, and Benny went to this horse farm in Parker. All have been spotted and I even saw one of them. He was still in the hidey box went I went to pick up equipment. The ranch manager had made other hidey boxes so I just transferred him to their box.
4. Flower Mound: Lemon and Pepsi went to this property. The rodents are GONE from the barn but they have not moved to the attic of the home. BUMMER!
5. Rowlett: Bullet and Baloo went to this horse riding stable in Rowlett. I saw both boys when I was there. They are friendly guys so the folks see them all the time.
6. Celina: Melody and Ursula went to this insulated workshop in Celina. Both are still there and use the cat door regularly. Great chance for those two older girls.
Calls/Emails: Shed to be Delivered
The shed was delivered last Monday. Here it is on the property in Anna!
BMG: Phone Messages Not Returned
One of my long-time friends rarely answers her phone and now is not returning messages. I AM DONE! I have left 4 message and no returned call. I am tired of this and now have BLOCKED her number on my phone. NO MORE!
OMG: Cats in Crossroads
When I went to deliver the 4 cats to Crossroads, I recognized the property from a placement many years before. It not has a gigantic barn – really nice. These people have had the property only 4 years and built that big barn. There were 2 cats on the property when they purchased it. One has since disappeared and the other died of old age. I would be willing to bet those were our cats from many years ago. Hope these 4 have a long life, too!
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog. Peg