Blog 03/20/17 to 03/26/17
Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.: I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2018. I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff. I will be available for consultation… If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 email@example.com
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails: 4 Cats to be Moved
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan: ANTS!
OMG (Oh My God): Rayburn Tollway Scare
Relocations and In Take: I placed 24 this week.
3 Garage in Tom Bean (Fred, Kia, Sylvee)
2 Barn in Argyle (Lillian, Jim)
3 Barn in Forney (Mr. Fluffy, Hannah, Charlie)
2 Shed in Hickory Creek (Armani, Jordashe)
7 Shed in Barry (Bud, Ninja, Betty, Buttons, Charlie, Mister, Missy)
3 Adoption Group (Pebbles, Skittle, Bobby)
2 Home in Quinlan (Comet, Robbie)
1 Barn in Saginaw (Chia)
1 Barn in Mansfield (Stacey)
Our Cats after Release:
1. Quinlan: Cooper and Twix are being illusive but the rodent population is down. I think they are still there…she has seen signs but not the actual boys.
2. Keller: Gidget and Fifi send to this barn with all sorts of animals – chickens, horses, peacocks, etc. They are hanging out in one of the stalls that is used to store furniture. The owner heard a “soccer match” in the ceiling one evening – guess they are working for their living now.
3. Saginaw: Susie was placed in this barn where she was spotted last week by a neighbor with a large RAT in her mouth. WAY TO GO!
4. Forney: Fritter, Garbanzo, and Linus went to this barn. Linus has turned friendly. All three seem to love their new digs and are doing well.
5. Dallas: Benji, Lightning, Teddy, Whiskers, Jupiter, Spot were all placed in this warehouse. Benji and Lightning are friendly cats and are living inside the offices – Benji in the back area and Lightning in the front copy room. The 4 ferals are loose in the warehouse with a wonderful place to hideout and a “cat door” in a wall. They have been spotted early in the morning or late at night.
6. Whitesboro: Strudel and Freddie went to this barn office. They are playing each night cause the toys are EVERYWHERE each morning. They are doing well.
7. Whitewright: Pom, Tic-Tac, and Amaretto went to this garage in Whitewright. The family purchased a cat house for them and one cat is using it. All three have been spotted.
8. Gordonsville: This family put up a game camera to watch the cats. They were placed in a workshop/shed with windows so they can come and go. All three have been seen on the camera.
9. Batch Springs: Miss Kitty and Kevin were placed in this garage/storage area. Miss Kitty is being illusive but Kevin has turned friendly. Take a look…
Calls/Emails: 4 Cats to be Moved
A house was sold and the realtor said “The Cats Have To Go!” So, Feral Friends offered to trap them and get their shots updated and a day was set for the trapping. I went a day earlier to a home in Dallas that had offered to take the soon-to-be homeless cats. It has been three weeks so I called to get the equipment picked up. WELL – the cats were never trapped and the new homeowners are feeding the cats. ALWAYS GOOD if they can stay where they are familiar…but…I was never called and our stuff has been sitting in their new location for three weeks. AND – I have been running low on caging and feeders/waterers due to the large number of cats I have been placing. I could have put that stuff to good use instead of it being in someone’s way. OH WELL…
Guess it is going to be a bad year for ants. I have had them twice this week in the cat’s dry food in two different barns. BUT – the cats were released so not exposed to just food with ants. I will have to start putting out diatomaceous earth each time I put out a feeder. GOOD GRIEF!
OMG: Rayburn Tollway Scare
Monday I was headed to Tom Bean in the morning. I was in the inside lane and wanting to get into the middle lane. I saw a car in the center lane approaching very quickly. I waited for that guy but did not move immediately. He was slowed by a cars in all 3 lanes just ahead. BUT THEN another car sped by me, cut sharply to the right then the left, went onto the shoulder to pass a van that was ahead of me, then hurried off. While hyperventilating, I moved to the center lane to calm down and then saw a motor cycle approaching on my left. IT WAS THE COPS! YEAH! That guy took the next exit and was followed by the cop who corner the car on the service road next to a church. I was very happy to see that for sure!
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog. Peg