Sunday, March 5, 2017



Blog 02/27/17 to 03/05/17


Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:  Barn Cats in New Jersey
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan:  Running Out of Equipment
OMG (Oh My God):  Dog on I35E

Relocations and In Take:   I placed 18 this week. 
2          Barn in Whitesboro (Strudel, Freddy)
3          Garage in Azle (Ninja, Wallace, Willis)
3          Garage in Whitewright (Pomegranate, Tic-Tac, Amaretto)
4          Riding Stable in McKinney (Jerry, Jamie, Nugget, Crumbs)
3          Workshop in Gordonsville (Mamie, Zinger, Pepper)
1          Warehouse in Keller (Gabby)
2          Barn in Keller (Fifi, Gidget)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Joshua:  Brownie and Mushroom went to live in Joshua.  Brownie has taken up the mom across the street and Mushroom is SLEEPING BETWEEN THE HUSBAND AND WIFE!   Way to go, boys!
2.     Rockwall:  Carroll and Connor went to the “man cave” / workout room in Rockwall.  Both are hanging around and doing well. 
3.     Southlake:  Meryl was placed in the garage.  She is doing great with the kids and dog and is currently living on their back porch.  They put her in the garage when the weather is bad.  Comment from husband:  WE LOVE HER!   Way to go, Meryl! 


Calls/Emails:  Barn Cats in New Jersey
A rescuer from New Jersey was in Austin for the Texas Unites for the Animals Conference.  She set up her return flight to go through Dallas and come to Barn Cats, Inc.  It was interesting to speak with her and I hope she is able to start a similar organization in New Jersey.  She toured the back cat rooms, saw intake of a cat, took pictures of the truck, received a copy of our relocation folder, and saw the equipment we use.  I hope the visit was helpful.  GOOD LUCK! 

BMG:   Running Out of Equipment
I have always wondered when this would happed:  We have so many cats placed I am running short of equipment for the relocations.  The size of caging we use is not longer manufactured.  We do not use the suitcase-type caging because it is so heavy and cannot be connected with additional caging.  I may have to postpone placement of some cats until other 3-week periods have completed, I can pick it up, and then CLEAN IT – stuff is very dirty when I pick it up in a barn environment.   SO – more later…we shall see!

OMG:  Dog on I35E
Went through downtown Dallas on I35E – I go to great lengths to NOT DO THIS but there was no way around it.  Right by Reunion Tower I spotted a small dog that had been hit by a cat in the center lane.  It was moving its legs and really scared me.  I took the first available exit with was probably a mile away and went back.  In the meantime, I called a friend that works for Dallas Animal Services and she sent an email to someone to help.  When I got back around, it was a possum – not a dog.  Sorry for the possum but thankful it was not a poor dog! 

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment