Blog 04/17/17 to 04/23/17
Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.: I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2018. I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff. I will be available for consultation… If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 email@example.com
BARN CAT BASH – Sunday, June 4th
Bistecca in Highland Village, 5:30 pm
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails: Kittens on a Ranch
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan: Caging Issues
OMG (Oh My God): Results!
WHAT: Big Foot in Hurst
Relocations and In Take: I placed 15 this week.
3 Barn in Waxahachie (Dwight, Jack, Amber)
2 Garage in Sunnyvale (Wallace, Nelson)
1 Garage in McKinney (Rachel)
3 Adoption Group (Haslet, Lenny, Pepper)
4 Workshop in Celina (Blue, Nadia, Sushi, Taco)
2 Backyard in Hurst (Tom, Jerry)
Our Cats after Release:
1. Farmersville: Tygger went to this garage. He is roaming around and they have him on a baby cam. GOOD THINKING! Poop still being collected and food disappearing.
2. Prosper: Chutney went to this backyard to keep the rodents out of the outdoor kitchen. She is going great and they love her. She even gets along with the dog!
3. Forney: Tina Fey, Candy, and Stacy went to this barn. Owner says they are doing a great job and all 3 have been spotted.
4. Denton: Cherry, Sheena, Prissy, and Kirssy went to this barn with two Great Pyrs to protect the cats and the goats. All have been spotted on a game camera.
5. Keller: Windy and Toot went to this barn and are being friendly with the owner. She is happy and so are we!
6. Mansfield: Stacey and Penny went to this barn and are doing great. Both have been seen and the rodents are gone.
7. McKinney: Kingston has worked his way into the house but is still KILLING STUFF in the yard and garage. Looks like he is saying “Put me down, woman!”
8. Sunnyvale: Whitney, Chester Onyx, and Frank went to this garage. I went over and moved them to a shed. Unfortunately, Frank got out of the cage but food has been eaten each night so he is still around.
9. McKinney: Skye went to this backyard. The family loves her and she plays with their toddler.
Calls/Emails: Kittens on the Ranch
I was waiting for a barn owner to return from vacation before made an appointment to deliver cats. BUT – thinking ahead – I have selected the cats and saved them for that relo. She returned home to find KITTENS under a shed. Now she is keeping the kittens instead of using out cats. I am not upset about OUT CATS because there has already been another barn. But, kittens are not safe on a farm/ranch. The hawks carry them off in the daytime or the owls at night. I got no response when I sent that info in a text. I hope they make it but the odds are against them. Sorry, kittens!
BMG: Caging Issues
Barn owners always watch as I set up the caging and I coach them to be careful when opening the door…so it gets closed well. Unfortunately, a barn owner “missed that part” and was maintaining the cage by taking off a top section. As you can imagine, one got out. Geez!
It is an active rat/mouse year. These pictures are from McKinney. Kingston is doing his job for sure!
What: Big Foot in Hurst
Yes – you heard it right. When putting the cats in the backyard in Hurst, the property owner has an 8 foot, metal BIG FOOT statue in her backyard. LOVE IT!
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog. Peg