Blog 01/09/17 to 01/15/17
BLOG ON VACATION January 21st - February 12th
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails: Talk – Talk – Talk
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan: Runaway Cat: UPDATE – AGAIN!
OMG (Oh My God): Nasty Neighbor
Relocations and In Take: I placed 11 this week. All cats are being placed with locations with heaters and/or heat lamps.
4 Storage Shed in Decatur (Matilda, Emerald, Sue, Stan)
4 Barn in Venus (Sid, Sam, Sherman, Pretzel)
3 Barn in Copper Canyon (Icicle, Frostbite, Tigger)
Our Cats after Release:
1. Rockwall: Hattie, Thomas, and Carley went to this barn with a heated tack room. The wife has now seen them in a couple of days but her husband saw all three yesterday. So, all is good in Rockwall.
2. Flower Mound: Dandelion went to be a friend for Buddy in a riding stable barn that is also a family financial business. They have become fast friends which is what I was hoping for…lots of playing and chasing. ALL GOOD in Flower Mound!
3. Cross Roads: Jeremiah, Judy, Elvira, and Elmer went to this barn on a family farm. All have adjusted well and are bring seen about every other day.
4. Santo: Motor Mouth and Mama Kitty went to this back porch in Santo. Food is disappearing so they must be around. Soon they will start seeing them I am sure.
5. Anna: Three black cats from Lewisville Animal Services were placed in this man cave / workshop in Anna. One is now friendly (Smokey) but the other two are hanging out under another shed. The family sees Smokey each day but the other two are bring illusive.
6. Pottsboro: Grayson and Pepper doing great in Pottsboro. Pepper has even let the owner pick him up! They have a heat lamp and a new cat door with a ramp up to it and warm hidey boxes. This is Pepper!
7. Southlake: Ziva and Kiana were placed in this storage shed. Both are doing great and even getting in the owners lap and purring! YEAH TEAM!
Calls/Emails: Talk – Talk – Talk
People call or email wanting advice. When I call them, they just talk and talk and talk and never take a breath. I just hold the phone out and wait until they finish. But, it is even more annoying when I wait then try to talk – AND – you guessed it – they talk over me. OK – bye, bye – I cannot help you. BUMMER FOR THE CATS!
BMG: Runaway Cat: UPDATE – AGAIN!
A fuzzy, black feral was being delivered to Barn Cats on Wednesday afternoon. The lady had him in a cage…not a carrier. The bottom slipped out as she was coming up my front walk and the cat got out the bottom of the cage. HE IS GONE! She walked the neighborhood for two days but was not able to see him. Food has disappeared from my front porch the last couple of nights but it is too cold to trap – in the teens at night! But – I do not know it he is the one eating the food or another cat or a racoon…which has happened. SO – we shall see.
UPDATE #4: Trap is set on their porch but is wired open. We are trying to get him comfortable about going into the trap. We will un-wire it when the weather is good. Keep your paws crossed! CAUGHT A BIG ORANGE TABBY – BUMMER! Probably not neutered – really big head.
OMG: Nasty Neighbor
Cats have a purpose – KILL RODENTS. But there is a segment of the population that HATES cats. It is not logical so you cannot argue with them. It only takes one to ruin a great opportunity for some cats.
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog. Peg