Sunday, March 23, 2014



Blog 03/17/14 to 03/23/14 

            Barn Cat Bash, June 1st 
            Buffet Dinner, Silent and Live Auctions, Endless Wine!
Bistecca (formerly Grotto) in Highland Village
            Reservations Required (info@barncats.org)
           
Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get:  Residual Full Moon
BMG (Bitch – Moan - Groan):  Good or Bad? – You Decide
OMG (Oh My God):  Is it Lewisville or Louisville?


Relocations and In Take:   Placed 24 this week with intake at 8.   
2          Barn in Celina (Misty, Yen)
2          Barn in Gunter (Carson, Mr. Bates)
1          Workshop in Weston (Tom from Highland Village)
1          Garage/backyard in Corinth (Diesel)
2          Adults to adoption group (Minnie, Mikey)
6          Mom with 5 2-day-old kittens
5          Orphaned kittens to adoption group
5          Bonham Rescue         

Mikey was a young gray and white that had been living in the parking lot of a Mesquite Motel for over a year.  A kindhearted resident called me and I went to pick him up.  All Care tested and neutered him that afternoon and gave him rabies and distemper shots.  On Wednesday, an adoption group wanted to do a trade….no problem!  Now Mikey will get a safe, in-door home.

I received a call from Ellis County.  Animal Services for the county is handled from the SPCA of Ellis County that is in Waxahachie.  Because this family lives in the county, it would be a $50 cost per cat ($300) to take those cats to their animal shelter.  These kittens were 1 day old when she called Barn Cats.  I made some calls and ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation) took them on Saturday afternoon after they brought them to Lewisville.  This was her THIRD LITTER.  Now, the kittens will get safe, in-door only homes after they are sterilized.  Mom will also get a safe, in-door home after she is stay and she WILL NOT BE HAVING ANY MORE KITTENS!

The 5 orphaned 2-week-old kittens were found in downtown Dallas in a hole – starving, scared, and cold.  Made a few phone calls and got Feral Friends to take them into their adoption program.  Thanks to Ashley for taking in the kittens and emailing Barn Cats, Inc. 

Our Cats after Release:      Picked up equipment in 1 location this week.    

  1. Gunter:  Sister, Sara, and Alice went to this barn in Gunter.  I did not get to see them but the owner said they are still in the barn up on the rafters.  They have 3 donkeys, so it is a very SAFE PLACE!  Sorry no pictures this week.                           

Calls/Email You Don’t Want to Get:  Residual Full Moon

  1. Remember the lady with the terminal illness from last week?  Have never heard back from her.  Either she is ignoring the problem (just let them fend for themselves) or she got someone else to help her.  I hope it is the last option – but I’ll bet not!

2.      Remember the older couple who are moving into senior housing?  I called and spoke with the wife.  I could not understand what she wanted/needed.  So asked to speak to the husband because he has originally sent the email.  He did not call back.  I called again and got him but he was driving.  I asked him to call me when he got home.  THAT WAS 6 DAYS AGO – I give up!   


                                                                                                                                                        BMG:  Good or Bad? – You Decide
I receive calls from other parts of Texas wanting me to take their cats.  I only accept cats from the 37 North Texas counties that we service – here are plenty here!   The only exception is where there is some sort of national emergency…hurricane, tornado, etc.  When I can, I give them the info from any previous calls/emails I have received from barn owners looking for cats.  The lady has 14 cats to place – none are sterilized, no shots, no testing.  The barn owner I referred her to is going to take all 14 and is NOT CONCERNED that none are sterilized!  So – is this a good thing or a bad thing?     

 

OMG:  Is it Lewisville or Louisville?  I received a call at 7:42 am from Louisville, KY.  Hummmm!  They are 1 hour ahead of us.  Someone heard barn cats discussed on his local NPR radio station while he was driving to work.  So, he looked Barn Cats up on the internet and called Lewisville, TX.  OOPS!  I just send him back to call that radio stations and see who was on that morning.                  

Thanks for following the Barn Cats blog.  See you next week!           Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment