Monday, March 25, 2013

03/18/2013 - 03/24/2013



Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get


Relocations and In Take:   Placed 15 this week with intake at 22 – OUCH! : 
            1          Bonham Rescue
            2          Blue Ridge (Kristi and Julie)
            3          Tyler (Hope, Hanna, and Toby)
            6          To adoption groups (Vivi, Trista, and 4 teenagers)
            3          Bartonville (Kendra, Kelly, and Henry)

Our Cats after Release:             
·         Wolfe City:  Batman and Mollie went to Wolfe City in December of 2012. Both are doing very well.  
·         Rhome:  Big Blue and Prancer are doing well. One of the dogs got too close to the cage and ended up with a bloody nose – CATS RULE! 
                               
Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get: 
·         Hoarder (Update):  I have received the first 6 from the hoarder. They are in cages behind my sofa in my family room – no room in the cat room. They are very reclusive – I have only seen one since putting them in there. However, they are eating, peeing, and pooping – so I guess all is well.    

·         YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS (Update):  There were 4 cats at that barn where the owner found someone living in the storm cellar. She delivered them to me last Monday at a Starbucks in McKinney…cat swap in a parking lot! All 4 are black or black/white and very friendly. They have gone to Feral Friends for their adoption program. GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR THEM!

·         Bonham Rescue:  I took one cat from the ladies in Bonham this week. It is a friendly cat and I traded her to an adoption group. She will get a safe, in-door only home now. BUT – I made arrangements to meet one of the Bonham folks half way -- the parking lot of the PetsMart at Hwy 75 and 380 in McKinney. She called me at 10:25 and was at 380 and  I-35-- OOPS – she drove right past me and went many miles out of her way. When she looked at her notes, she realized it was Hwy 75 not I-35 and began the trek back to Hwy 75. I just waited…. Here is the good news:  I had taken my tax info with me and worked to get a bunch of receipts compiled!  

Thanks for following the Barn Cats blog.  See you next week!           Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment