HAPPY TURKEY DAY!
(along Hwy 377 in northern Denton County – hay bale for body – 6 fl tall and windmill blades for tail feathers – CUTE! )
Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Calls/EMAILS You Don’t Want to Get
BMG (Bitch – Moan - Groan)
OMG (Oh My God)
Relocations and In Take: Placed 37 this week with intake at 16.
4 Organic nursery in Mesquite (Snow White, Evan, Diamond, Kathy)
3 Barn in Corsicana (Tank, Gina, George)
1 Garage in Frisco (Bette)
3 Barn in Paradise (Twinkle Toes, Sonny, Kitty)
2 Barn in Sherman (Gina, Gracie)
3 Workshop in Windom (TJ, Sunny, Moony)
5 Workshop in Sanger (Angie, Ace, Amy, Ashby, Ally)
16 Bonham Rescue
In Corsicana, Tank (who I rarely saw in my cat room), came out and let the husband pet him!
Cats after Release:
1. Anna – Mr. Nanty (Nathan) and Tank are seen each night patrolling the property. There are many free-range chickens on the property and the cats are keeping their distance from the large roasters!
2. Trenton – Kennedy, Macie, and Elaine have all been seen regularly around the barn area. I got a picture of Kennedy in their “sleeping” area.
3. Bells – I have put a total of 9 cats out on this property. Girlfriend and Cindy have left the “man cave” and are hiding out in the hay barn…rat haven over there! This picture is of a cat I put there about 4 years ago.
4. Mineola – I send two new volunteers off to Mineola to collect the 3 triple cages that were there. When they arrived, they discovered that the ranch manager HAD NOT RELEASED THE CATS A WEEK AGO! SO – they closed the workshop, and let the cats out. The manager set up food and water and the barn owner added a litter box when she arrived later that day. Those were all cats from a school in University Park. They are doing well there.
5. Flower Mound – Tootles and Custard are hiding out at the back of the barn. They are doing well. I had to take the picture from far away so as not to spook them. Sorry it is not really clear!
6. Whitesboro – Katie, Billie, and Bobby are doing well. Did not see them.
7. McKinney – Fluffy (now Lilly) continues to thrive in her heated shed in a backyard.
8. Bartonville – Lots of good news here including pictures of cats from many years ago.
|Cupcake on Stairs to the Loft|
|Candy in her Cat Tree|
Calls/EMAILS You Don’t Want to Get: A person with many dogs and cats in Trenton was evicted this week. He continues to return to feed the animals. Local adoption groups are taking friendly cats and dogs – but – you know what that means: Barn Cats will probably get all the “left-overs” – the unadoptable cats. Rhonda is going out there to trap on Sunday night. None are sterilized – of course.
BMG: From last week: All that paperwork is STILL not completed from animal services who got the cats done without letting the volunteer “pick” them. I continue to wait – almost all those cats have been placed now and I am left to MAIL those documents when they are received.
OMG: Took in 4 cats from a person in an apartment complex. One went in to be spay but needed a neuter….Rosie went in and Roger came out! Here we go again! Two weeks in a row!
Thanks for following the Barn Cats blog. See you next week! Peg