Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Calls/EMAILS You Don’t Want to Get
BMG (Bitch – Moan - Groan)
OMG (Oh My God)
Relocations and In Take: Placed 1 this week with intake at 7.
1. Adoption to indoor/outdoor home in Fort Worth (Blondie)
Hope this coming week is better for placements – hope to get:
3 out on Monday (area near Boyd)
2 out on Tuesday (Collinsville)
3 out on Wednesday (Mineral Wells)
2 out on Thursday (Princeton)
All those are road and weather dependent! Keep your paws crossed!
Cats after Release: Bad roads inhibited picking up equipment until Saturday…but got 3 locations then and one additional on Sunday.
1. Mesquite – Put Vernon out at an organic nursery in Mesquite. Got to see Vernon but did not get a picture – sorry!
|Roger with Austin|
2. Nevada – Put Roger and BJ out at this location. Both have “worked they way” into the house. Roger has found a warm place with the owner’s son who is recovering from a car accident. Roger has a “captive audience” and is not giving up his territory. BJ was out and about and I did not see him.
3. Rowlett – Put 2 cats from the Trenton eviction out at this location. They are still hanging out in the garage/workshop and are doing fine!
|Bette in new Garage Home|
4. Frisco – Put Bette out at this home garage location. She crawled out of her hidey box and got a good stretch.
Calls/EMAILS You Don’t Want to Get: Update from Last Week: Still no sign of those cats coming this way from Weatherford…??? It is not like my cell phone is not working…???
BMG: I drove all the way to Graford (north and east of Mineral Wells) to not leave the cats. The barn floor was covered in old hay which is not a stable setting for the caging. The cats can get out if the floor is not relatively level. SO – drove for 2 hours on still-ice covered roads to only drive back with the same 7 cats! Well – you never know! Now I need to give those cats frequent flyer miles!
OMG: Do you guys watch a TV show called “America Unearthed”. Well – this week it is all about Rockwall, TX. There is a rock formation that is 7 stories tall and ALL UNDERGROUND! It is unknown if it is man-made or natural. Scott Wolter, a forensic geologist, travels the country looking for strange rock formations, prehistoric rock writing, etc – you get the picture. It is on the H2 Channel – History 2. He showed a road sign where Hwy 51 and Hwy 66 crossed. I had been on that road YESTERDAY! Geez! Maybe someday the Barn Cat truck will be seen in the background of some episode of “America Unearthed” or “American Pickers” or something. Anyway, he determined that is it a natural formation. Info on that episode is available if you search the web for the series title. I never thought that the town of Rockwall in Rockwall County was actually named after a ROCK WALL! WHO KNEW?
Thanks for following the Barn Cats blog. See you next week! Peg