Sunday, January 24, 2016



Blog 01/18/16 to 01/24/16


Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails:  Senior Cats --- AGAIN! 
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Cages / Carriers / Traps
OMG (Oh My God):  Sorry – I Forgot

Relocations and In Take:   We had 3 placements this week.    
     3     Barn in Van Alstyne (Hunter, Tootles, Kirby)

All our cats going out these cold days/nights are getting winter hidey boxes, rugs, blankets to cover the cages, and either a heater or a heat lamp. 
 
Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Rockwall County:  Jingle Belle and Candy Cane from Lewisville Animal Services went to this barn.  Both are doing well and are hanging out.  I did not get to see them – bummer! 

Bad Calls/EMAILS:  Senior Cats --- AGAIN!
Once again I received a email sent to multiple groups from a list that one of the local shelters gives out to folks when they are full.  This lady is trying to place 3 cats:  One is 3, one is 13, one is 16.  REALLY!  Would you give up your 16-year-old child?  A phone number was included which I called but only was able to leave a message.  LADY:  No group will take two cats that old – it will clog up their adoption process.  You need to find a SENIOR person to take your SENIOR cats.  I hate people! 

BMG:  Cages / Carriers / Traps
Got a call mid-week requesting I take 3 cats from her apartment location.  When I said the cats would be caged both here before placement and then for 2 weeks at their new barn home, she freaked.  She did not want them caged.  So, I politely said I could not help her.  She called back on Saturday, crying this time, and is thinking about putting them to sleep.  OH BROTHER!  I think the whole thing is that people get caging, carriers, traps, kennels, etc. all confused.  Our cages for relocation are 2’ x 6’ or 9’ and at the house are big enough for a Great Dane!   The cats have plenty of room.   

OMG:  Sorry – I Forgot
A lady called and wants a cat or cats for the stable where she boards her horses.  She wants feral cats.  Someone does live on the property … BUT … it is up for sale.  If I put feral cats out there, they will not be able to catch them when/if the property sells.  SO – not really up for doing that but a friendlier cat might work out.  I had in my head to call her they FORGOT!  SORRY – she left a message on the land-line on Wednesday when we were in Van Alstyne at the dairy farm.  OOPS!  I did catch up with her on Thursday but she had not called me back.  Probably not a good permanent placement location anyway.       

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.          Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment