Sunday, November 20, 2016



Blog 11/14/16 to 11/20/16


Fall Barn Cat Bash – Friday, Nov. 25, 2016 - 3 pm

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:  How About You Tell Me Where You Are?
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan:  Frequent Flyer Miles for 4 Cats
OMG (Oh My God):  Super Moon

Relocations and In Take:   I placed 8 this week.     
4          Barn in Crossroads (Callie, Cher, Vanilla, Peppermint)
2          Barn in Garland (Kitty, Amanda)
2          Garage in McKinney (Spook, Hilda)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Ponder:  Honey and Salina went to this barn with longhorns.  Both are hanging out and doing well…but did not see them because the owner brought the equipment to the front porch.  BUMMER! 
2.     Fort Worth:  Paxton, Jewel, and Pritti went to this location with several barns and sheds.  All 3 are seen regularly – such great news – and even around their home which they wanted.  I will be picking up the equipment first of the week but it will be a “drive by” with the equipment outside the gate.  I am so glad they are doing well!      
3.     Duncanville:  Storm (now Thunder) and Lightening went to this back porch and barn in Duncanville.  Lightening got sick in relo and I picked him up for a Convenia shot and returned him to Duncanville.  That was over a week ago.  I saw both cats when I picked up equipment and got a picture of Thunder behind a trunk.   They are doing well!  


Calls/Emails:  How About You Tell Me Where You Are?  
Received a call from the 925 area code wanting me to remove some cats.  That is all the info he left.  I know that area code is from California because I have a friend with that area code.  BUT – he could have moved to North Texas and kept that phone number.  I left him a message to go back to the website and view the “OTHER GROUPS” list from the top bar.  That list is by state.  He has not called back….

BMG:   Frequent Flyer Miles for 4 Cats 
I had spoken several times to a property owner north and west of Wichita Falls, TX.  That is over our 2-hours travel limit but his wife still works in the DFW area and could return the equipment.  SO – I packed up Zora, Gil, Elza, and Hillman and took off for the Red River.  WELL – both the sheds where he wanted to put the cages were full of other stuff…one has old machine batteries in it…???  SO – we talked around all the options but it was just not going to work out.  He gave me $25 for gas and I began the 2 ½ hour drive back to Lewisville.  Now the 4 cats are demanding their Frequent Flyer Miles.  GEEZ!  

OMG:  Super Moon
Sunday night was a Super Moon.  I admit I took this picture off the TV on Monday morning.  BUT – you can still get the effect.  I am amazed that I did not have lots of weird phone calls this week but there was always the unnecessary trip to Wichita Falls to balance it out. 




Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.          Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment