Sunday, January 8, 2017



Blog 01/01/17 to 01/08/17

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:  Unreliable People
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan:  Runaway Cat:  UPDATE – AGAIN!
OMG (Oh My God):  20 Cats Trapped 

Relocations and In Take:   I placed 14 this week.  All cats are being placed with locations with heaters and/or heat lamps.     
1          Storage Shed in Argyle (Cranky)
1          Adoption Group (Cabbage)
2          Workshop in Plano (Lady, Skeeter)
2          Garage in Dallas (Shelby, Dakota)
            2          Workshop in Kaufman (Ferrari, Patches)
            3          Barn in Prosper (Daisy, Rose, Darth)
            3          Barn in Cedar Hill (Jesse, Wylie, Gracie)

Every time I say or write “Darth”, I catch myself humming the Star Wars Storm Trooper theme music.   

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Krum:  Cannoli, Baguette, and Brulee were placed in their heated workshop.  One is friendly and rubs around the owner’s legs.  One other is cautious and the third has been spotted from a distance.  The area is all closed up so all are doing fine.  He also has several donkeys for coyote control.
2.     Justin:  Apple, Asparagus, and Jonny went to this guest house/workshop with a heater.  They have not been let out of the building so all are well.

Calls/Emails:  Unreliable People
I try to work with everyone’s schedules.  I took some equipment over 1 hour away several months ago because the property owner was going to get cats from a local shelter.  OK – good idea!  That was over 2 or 3 months ago – plenty of time.  So – she was working this last Saturday and said she would bring in the equipment so I did not have to make the drive.  Good Idea – again – except when I checked in with her that morning, she had not brought the stuff.  The biggest problem is her is that SHE DID NOT CONTACT ME – I CONTACTED HER!  I could have gone out to meet her and not gotten the equipment back.  What is up with that!  …AND SHE TEXTS – could not be easier…but no info from her.  Now she had not answer my texts for a day and a half.  Hummmmmmm! 

BMG:   Runaway Cat:  UPDATE – AGAIN!
A fuzzy, black feral was being delivered to Barn Cats on Wednsday afternoon.  The lady had him in a cage…not a carrier.  The bottom slipped out as she was coming up my front walk and the cat got out the bottom of the cage.  HE IS GONE!   She walked the neighborhood for two days but was not able to see him.  Food has disappeared from my front potch the last couple of nights but it is too cold to trap – in the teens at night!  But – I do nto know it he is the one eating the food or another cat or a ratcoon…which has happenned.  SO – we shall see.
UPDATE:  Food is disappearing each night but don’t know if it is that cat, another cat, or a racoon!  I am putting a trap on the front porch beginning Sunday when we will have a warming trend.  It was just too cold to perhaps have a cat sitting in a trap all night.  Keep your paws crossed!
UPDATE #2:  You will love this!   I CAUGHT A SHUNK!  …no more trapping for me.   Sorry cat – hope you are well.
UPDATE #3:  On our Neighborhood Website, there is a comment from a lady who has seen a black long-haired cat eating on her porch.  I put in a “reply” about the cat and she called me.  She will continue to feed the cat and when the weather warms, we will try to trap him.  This is only one street over from me.  ALL GOOD NEWS!      

OMG:  20 Cats Trapped
A local animal shelter is trapping in their community and have gotten 20 cats trapped in just one week.  There is no way I can every take 20 cats at any one time.  I took 4 from them last week and will get another this coming week.  Of course, none have been sterilized so the shelter is getting that done before I pick them up.  Geez!   …and it is the winter…our slow season!   Will do what we can for these kitties. 

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.          Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment