Thursday, May 30, 2013

05/13/13 to 05/19/13 - sorry for the delay!!!



    


Barn Cat Bash
Sunday, June 2, 2013
Grotto, 2300 Highland Village Road, Highland Village, TX
Reservations:  972-315-2875 or info@barncats.org
Silent and Live Auctions, Buffet Dinner, Wine-Wine-Wine!
Cat & Dog Items, Jewelry, Yard Art, Wine Baskets, and much more!
Current count is 50 – we can still take in an additional 15
Get your reservations in!  

Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Willie and Whiskers
Memorial for a Turtle
Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get
BMG (Bitch – Moan - Groan)


Relocations and In Take:   Placed 16 this week with intake at 8: 
2          Bonham Rescue
1          To Siamese Rescue (Samantha)
3          Greenhouse in Oak Leaf (Geri, Jamie, Taylor)
2          Barn in Denton (Aria, Johnny)
1          Garage in Alvarado (Reece)
2          Houston (Willie, Whiskers) (see below)
2          Backyard in Sachse (Marina, Martin)
3          Barn in Sanger (Jerry, Lisa, Anna)

Today is Sunday and for the first time in many months, I have empty cages in the cat rooms. YES – those cages are spoken for – but at least I am ahead of the game and not setting up temporary cages in my family room.     

Our Cats after Release:             
·         Argyle – Lucy, Ricky, Ethel and Fred are doing well in Argyle. They roam around the yard and show up in the evening to eat. Best of all – they have not seen any snakes since the cats were released. 
·         Sanger – Grady and Armand have “moved on”.  They are not returning to eat at the barn site but there are many other barns in the area. 
·         Sachse – Danny and Dora have also not been seen in the neighborhood but there are lots of places for them to hide…many backyards and church property right behind the house. 
·         Ennis – They got Diner inside the garage BEFORE the bad weather hit on Wednesday night.  There was a reported tornado in Ennis – took the roof off a motel on I-45. These folks live on a frontage road of I-45…so I was worried!  
·         Bonita (Krum) – Mona and Cinco are hanging out in the rafters of the old barn. There is a good place for them. I picked up the equipment from the vet clinic in Krum where the barn owner works. 
          
Willie and Whiskers:  I took in two cats from Mansfield. One, Willie, only has partial sight.  Whiskers, the sister, is his buddy. An organization in Houston, Purr Paws Rescue, takes in “special needs cats”. I am very thankful to find these folks because the other option was Blind Cat Rescue in North Carolina. Also, the Houston group has a person that does transport….so….I only had to drive half way. I did that on Saturday – so Willie and Whiskers are now with a group that can better meet their needs. THANKS!   

Memorial for a Turtle:  When it rains in Texas, the turtle show up on the roadways. I saw one in the middle of the center lane of I-45 in Corsicana. I took the next exit and went around, but I was too late – someone had hit him before I got back. I have moved numerous turtle out of roads on Texas highways but this was the first I had ever seen on an interstate. BUMMER!     

Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get: 
·         Greenville:  Tomorrow is the day they are suppose to get the 4 females in to be spay at Cause for Paws, the spay/neuter clinic in Greenville. We shall see…                                 
      NO SPAY – NO KITTEN PICK UP in Greenville!                                                                   
BMG: 
·         Well, there is a SPAY DAY scheduled in Dallas on the day of our fundraiser. So far, it has taken out 2 couples and a single who normally attend. GEEZ!      

 Thanks for following the Barn Cats blog.  See you next week!           Peg

Note from Jamie - it was my fault the posting was late - my apologies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment