Tuesday, May 7, 2013

04/29/2013 - 05/05/2013



     


Barn Cat Bash
Sunday, June 2, 3013
Grotto, 2300 Highland Village Road, Highland Village, TX
Reservations:  972-315-2875 or info@barncats.org
Silent and Live Auctions, Buffet Dinner, Wine-Wine-Wine!
Cat & Dog Items, Jewelry, Yard Art, Wine Baskets, and much more!

Relocations and In Take
April Closeout
Our Cats after Release
Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get
BMG (Bitch – Moan - Groan)
 
Relocations and In Take:   Placed 9 this week with intake at 11: 
            3          Bonham Rescue
3          Church in Azle (Charity, Noel, Nordie)
1          Garage in Ennis (Diner)
2          Barn in Pilot Point (Kitty Kitty and Kitty, Too!)

Diner went to live with a minister in Ennis. Charity, Noel, and Nordie went to a church. It was a religious week, I guess!     

April Closeout:  We placed 73 cats in 11 counties (I am POOPED!):
            Collin               Cooke              Dallas              Denton
            Ellis                  Fannin             Grayson           Montague
            Parker              Tarrant            Williamson

Our Cats after Release:             

  •  Rockwall:  Barn Cat (Barbee) is doing well in Rockwall. I took her a flea treatment when I picked up equipment. She taught the dog who is boss! 
  •  Prosper:  Jenny is a “killing machine”. The family is very happy and Jenny seems happy, too!           

          
Phone Calls/Emails You Don’t Want to Get:  
  • Around Corsicana:  A retired guy takes in strays. There is no spay/neuter clinic in his area and (you guessed it) he now has many, many cats! He has many kittens -- the SPCA in Dallas said they could help if he would bring them in. I did not say I could take cats but offered to pay for spay/neuter if he can find a low-cost option in Temple, Belton, etc. That would at least stop the breeding. Well – no update and it has been almost a week…???
  • Greenville:  Last year I took some kittens from a family in Greenville. They had 2 females…one of which they released to Barn Cats but then asked for it back. I did return that cat after the spay was done. I set up a spay for that second female with Cause for Paws “in” Greenville. I never received a call from Cause for Paws to pay for that spay….and….now there are additional kittens. ALSO – she is now calling for me to pick up those kittens – I have not called her back. It will take a lot for me to be nice. All she has to do is TAKE THE CAT FOR THE APPOINTMENT IN THE SAME TOWN!      

BMG: 
·         See above:  Here we go again. Folks say “I cannot afford to get them spayed/neutered” – but REALLY they want someone to rush over there, trap the cats, take it for sterilization, pay for it – and then deliver it back home. Well – it does not work that way. If truly they cannot afford it – I understand – AND Barn Cats will pay for it. BUT – you have to do the transport. I am over 1 ½ hours away but you cannot drive cross the same town to take that cat!       

 Thanks for following the Barn Cats blog.  See you next week!           Peg


No comments:

Post a Comment