Blog 05/15/17 to 05/21/17
Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.: I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019. I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff. I will be available for consultation… If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 firstname.lastname@example.org
BARN CAT BASH – Sunday, June 4th
Bistecca in Highland Village, 5:30 pm
Gourmet Food, Endless Wine, GIANT Auction
Our Cats after Release
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan: Problem at Local Shelter
OMG (Oh My God): (no entry this week)
Relocations and In Take: I placed 20 this week.
8 Adoption Group (Cindy, Lacey, Sheba, Shiloh, Kitty, Bonnie, Jupiter, Stash)
3 Workshop in Canton (Big Daddy, Meanie, Chimmy)
4 Barn in Sanger (JoJo, Yuri, Helen, Jasper)
5 Camp in Collinsville (Tabitha, Marty, Samoa, Blackie, Wally)
Our Cats after Release:
1. Celina: Blue, Nadia, Sushi, and Taco went to this workshop in Celina. Nadia got out by bending some cage pieces…first for us! But, she is at one of their neighbor’s property. Taco has also been spotted at another neighbor’s barn so he is still around. Blue is at the original workshop and doing great. They have even petted him. Sushi has not been seen but chances are she is with Taco.
2. Lone Oak: Elvis, Elvira, and El Fenix also went to a workshop. They are all in the workshop and doing well – plus no rodent droppings.
3. Southlake: Oreo, Blackie, and Tuxie went to this barn. Well – they all took off…??? The food is not disappearing or the litter box used. The property is surrounded closely by other houses so hopefully they have just found “better food” with a neighbor.
4. Van Alstyne: Cinnamon and Piper went to this garage where both are doing well. Cinnamon is the torti and Piper is the tabby/white.
5. Argyle: Midnight went to this barn to be a friendly guy for Jello, Scampi, and Shorty. All have been spotted early in the evening roaming in and around the barn.
6. Dallas: Kit-Tee went to this warehouse in North Dallas. He is doing GREAT! I did not get a picture but his favorite place to hang out is a cardboard box. Whatever works!
7. Denton: Leo went to a barn where I have previously placed 4 feral females. Leo has drawn out two of the ferals who are now friendlier.
They’re back! Currently working with a group in Clifton where the city is after an elderly lady. Local rescuers cleaned out her once but – as you know – it always happens again. I am taking who I can when I can. Some are turning out to be friendly. Cindy went to an adoption group on Sunday – VERY CUTE LITTLE TORTI. Going to take 6 this week if I can get cats placed on Monday. The second HOARDER is in Cooper. Will start working with those cats in June after the auction. Her daughter has removed over 70 kittens from the property. GEEZ!
BMG: Problem at a Local Shelter
Received a call that a no-kill shelter had 2 ferals. I said I would be by on either Friday or Monday. I went to the Lewisville “kill” shelter on Friday, got two cats, and drove to the other location. When I arrived, the cats WERE NOT THERE – with a foster – AND they had not yet been spayed. WHAT? I asked those questions. Anyway, I left the two from Lewisville and told them they would have to deliver the two ferals to me after they are vet’ted.
OMG: (no entry this week)
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog. Peg