Monday, August 21, 2017



Blog 07/10/17 to 08/20/17


Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

NORTH TEXAS GIVING DAY 2017 – THURSDAY, Sept. 14th

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:  NO ENTRY THIS WEEK
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan:  Problem in Denton County
OMG (Oh My God):  Lucky – First Kill!

Relocations and In Take:   I placed 11 this week. 
2          Barn in Sachse (Florian, Leonie)
2          Barn in Farmersville (Tobias, Rose)
2          Home in Flower Mound (Whitney, Cairo)
1          Barn in Flower Mound (Rip)
4          Barn in Pilot Point (Buttons, Bill, John, Speckles)

Our Cats after Release:    
1.     Bartonville:  Millie and Bonnie went to this barn.  Bonnie is still around but Millie has not been seen in a while. 
2.     Arlington:  Ginger, Emerald, and Fiesta went to this garage home.  Ginger has turned friendly and will let them pet her.  One of the others is gone and the other is still around.                                                                                                                   
                          
3.     Melissa:  Ciro went to this porch in a nice backyard.  He is working out great but has yet to kill anything.

4.     Dallas:  Petra went to this warehouse in a home in Dallas.  She disappeared immediately…so…property owner is checking with folks that feed cats in her area.  Hope she turns up…???        

Calls/Emails:  NO ENTRY THIS WEEK

BMG:   Problem in Denton County
I put 4 cats out with a cat guy on his property.  2 turned friendly and he let them inside.  Then there was some bad weather out that way and his chicken coop was destroyed.  He wanted some additional cats so I left the equipment there.  I tried to make an appointment with him before I left for vacation but could not reach him.  He was traveling, I think, on family business.  NOW – I cannot reach him – phone is disconnected and email is also not working.  I went to the property on Saturday.  The electricity and water are working.  The property is not FOR SALE but does not look maintained.  I saw 3 of the 4 cats.  There was food in the shed and I spread some out but the cats did not seem hungry and did not “look bad”.  I think someone else may be feeding them…but….???  I found our equipment in the shed and removed it.  I left a note on the front door and am just waiting for a call.  I will return this week to leave a note attached to the bag of food that is in the shed.  If someone is feeding, they may not see the note on the front door.   If I get no response from the note on the food bag, I will go out there and re-trap those cats.  Stayed turned for the update next week.  

OMG:  Lucky – First Kill!
Lucky is a friendly cat that went to live in a backyard in Dallas.  He has his own playhouse and looks like a tiger on the front porch.  Check out his first kill!       







Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment