Blog 10/09/17 to 10/15/17
Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.: I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019. I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff. I will be available for consultation. If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Barn Cat Bash – Friday, 11/24/17, 3 pm
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails: Shortage of Cats
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan: Wants BCI to do Every Thing
OMG (Oh My God): Peace Symbol on Gate
Relocations and In Take: I placed 25 this week.
2 Garage in Celina (Danny, Dallas)
4 Barn and Workshop in Collinsville (Wren, Savannah, Missy, Tom-Tom)
2 Event Center in Princeton (Jeffry, Johnny)
3 Barn in Parker (Cameron, Taylor, Riley)
2 Garage in Celeste (Whitney, Freckles)
6 Garage in Wills Point (Wisteria, Scar, Molly, Peach, Patches, Blackie)
3 Garage in Kopperl (Madge, Edwin, Evan Rachel)
3 Garage in Celina (Piccolo, Sketch, Sylvia)
Our Cats after Release:
1. Frisco: Copper Top, Tip Toe, Brindle Mama, and Hugh Jackman were placed in a garage with a large backyard. 2 are hanging out regularly and the other 2 have been spotted by neighbors. All is good!
2. Grapevine: Chloe, Sox, and Ruckus went to this workshop. All 3 are around and the rodents are much less.
3. Burleson: Cuddles and Freckles went to this backyard patio. A cat house has also been built for them – but I did not get a picture. They “are” using it – food and water are inside.
4. Fort Worth: Molly, Pat, Skipper Ella, and Sacha went to this backyard. 3 are seen regularly and the other 2 have been spotted in the neighborhood. They are hanging out under the house (pier and beam) and “taking care of business”.
5. Greenville: Gretel, Nancy, and Trouble went to this property. The cages were placed in a cottage with air-conditioning. The owner has built them a big, multi-level cat house. Take a look…
Calls/Emails: Shortage of Cats
I have had 2 groups cancel on me for 8 cats and 3 other groups that are not having any luck trapping. Now, I have barns but no cats to place. This happens about once a year but never with this many cats and barns. A hoarder was raided in Dallas but the hearing to release the cats will not be until next Thursday. That will be a group of 14-17 cats. Soooo – in wait and see mode and getting lots of paperwork done.
BMG: Wants BCI to do Every Thing -- Sorry!
Have had several people this week who want us to SWEEP IN and take care of their cat problems. Well – you created this so you fix it! We are on the back end of the problem. They are on the front end so they need to trap the cat(s), get them tested, shots, and sterilized, then bring them to BCI in Lewisvlle. There are not enough hours in the day for us to do this soup to nuts…so…sorry people – you are part of the problem so now you have to be part of the solution.
OMG: Peace Symbol on Gate
Went to Princeton and saw this great gate! Check it out…
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog. Peg