Sunday, March 4, 2018



Blog 02/26/18 to 03/04/18

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

Relocations
February Closeout
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Shed – UPDATE!
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Text but No Call
OMG (Oh My God):  Problem with Grandparents

Relocations:   I placed 11 this week.  All will have heaters or heat lamps with them plus our double winter hidey boxes, rugs and blankets to cover the cages.      
3          Barn in Waxahachie (Tammy, Mister, Sir)
2          Greenhouse in Whitewright (Tom, Jerry)
3          Barn in Godley (Klim, Rasha, Mink)
3          Barn in Whitewright (Aldo, Maggie, Ms. Whittaker)

February Closeout
We placed 36 in the 6 North Texas counties: 
            Collin              Ellis                 Kaufman
            Denton            Hunt                Rockwall

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Rockwall:  Cheese, Moz, Mister, and Mandy were place 2 in the garage and 2 in the workshop.  All are hanging around.  I say the garage cats.  Their donkeys will take care of “critters” so all is well in Rockwall.  
2.     Plano:  Barney, Jingle, and Belle went to a business in Plano.  They have not seend any rodents since the cats arrived.   YEAH TEAM!  That saves them $1,000 each and every month in an attempt to control rodents.  WE DID IT!  
3.     Waxahachie:  Lita, Natalie, and Cheerio went to this workshop/barn near Maypearl.  Unfortunately they have “taken off”.  Wife said she thought she say one but was not sure.  I think they are still around…but…???  Tammy, Mister, and Sir went there to replace the 3 girls. 

Calls/Emails:  Shed – UPDATE! 
The work has begun.  The sink arrived at Lowe’s on Wednesday and I delivered it to Anna on Thursday.  The Heater/AC unit arrived late on Thursday and Abe, The Handy Man, picked it up at my house on Friday.  He installed the sink on Saturday and measured for wallboard and tile at that same time.  I have selected a foam insulation company and am on their schedule…so…the work has begun!!!!!!!  
 
                                   
BMG:   Text but No Call
I received a text last week from a location wanting cats.  I asked him to call and he did “once”.  He wanted deliver THAT AFTERNOON.  NOPE – need to get on the schedule.  I texted him again to call me – but he DID NOT.  Then he texted again on Friday wanting delivery THAT AFTERNOON.  NOPE – can come on Saturday.  So I did the paperwork, packed the truck and loaded up 3 cats.  When I got there, there was NO PLACE secure enough to set up the cages AND he only wanted one.  Well – TRIP FOR NOTHING!   I returned home with my 3 cats:  Alex, Mando, and Marty. 

OMG:  Problem with Grandparents
Received a call from a granddaughter to remove cats from her grandparents in Rockwall.  Well – we don’t trap, etc. so talking to the wrong people.  AND – she is in Red Oak and no where near the grandparents.  Well – I am not near there, either.  She also said the grandfather tripped over one of the cats and was in the hospital.  There are about 30 cats on the property.  YOU KNOW:  This is not new news…those folks did not get those 30 cats “yesterday”.  Where have you and the family been over this for probably several years?  I referred them to Rockwall Animal Services.  Once again she wants someone or some group to SWOOP in and take care of this out-of-control situation with no support (physical or financial) from the family.  NOPE! 

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg    
                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment