Sunday, March 11, 2018



Blog 03/05/18 to 03/11/18

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Shed – UPDATE!
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  All Day/All Night Screamer
OMG (Oh My God):  Lots of Cat Calls/Emails

Relocations:   I placed 9 this week.  I put these guys out with rugs and hidey boxes but hope to end the hidey boxes this next week.        
4          Barn in Crossroads (Lilly, Shadow, Corolla, Tacoma)
3          Workshop in Double Oak (Riley, Abby, Frannie)
1          Barn in Wylie (Chula)
1          Workshop in Forney (Sebastian)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Quinlan:  Mystery, Winter, and Looper went to this insulated barn in Quinlan.  I picked up equipment on Saturday and saw ALL THREE CATS!   The cats have created a “hole” in the hay and all three were in the hole.  YES!  (once again I cannot get the photo to flow from my phone to the internet…maybe next week – it is a really great picture)  
2.     Celina:  Midnight, Smokey and Felix went to this garage and workshop.  All three are coming back to eat but are not seen very often.  Midnight is the most friendly and he shows up once a day in the garage to eat.  SO – I guess all is OK in Celina.

Calls/Emails:  Shed – UPDATE! 
 The foam was blown in on Wednesday.  Nancy and I selected tile this Saturday so I need to get it ordered.  We also purchased a large, tall, carpeted cat tree to be delivered upon completion.     

 
                                   
BMG:   All Day/All Night Screamer
I received a cat from a local shelter who turned out to be an ALL NIGHT screamer.  After the first night, I put her 2 rooms away in a cage in my kitchen…NOPE….still could hear her.  At 2 am I moved that cage into another bedroom just to get some rest.  Boy was I sleepy on Wednesday.  I got a chance to place her on Thursday so I went for it.  It put me driving home in rush hour traffic, but it was worth it.  She will be great in that barn but not with me!  

OMG:  Lots of Cat Calls/Emails
It is as though everyone in North Texas has too many cats.  Did everyone just wake up at the same time that they should have been spaying and neutering in the fall?  I hate to answer the phone these days.   BUMMER!   I will take who I can when I can.  Sorry but when the 18 cages are full, that is it until others are placed.    

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.   Peg         
                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment