Sunday, August 5, 2018


Blog 07/30/18 to 08/05/18

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Text from Unknown Person
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Moving in August – 10 Year Old Cat
OMG (Oh My God):  All Night Screamer -- UPDATE  

Relocations:   I placed 6 this week.  Having to be really careful due to extreme heat and no rain.              
1          Barn in Richardson (Lacey)
3          Adoption Group (Morris, Rascal, Tigger)
2          Barn in Flower Mound (Laura, Clancy)

July Closeout:  Wow – it has been so hot.  Glad July is over.  I placed 39 in July in 6 North Texas counties.
            Collin              Denton            Johnson
            Dallas              Ellis                 Wise

Our Cats after Release:  No Equipment Picked up this Week – BUT – A location in Rowlett took 3 cats from us.  When I picked up equipment they were only seeing one which is disappointing.  Now another one has returned and there are 2 seen regularly. 

The same thing happened in Flower Mound.  I placed 2 there which have been seen at neighbor’s property…but…this week, both have been spotted on a game camera in the barn area…YES…both are back! 

Got a call from another location Flower Mound.  Pepsi and Lemon were placed there in the spring.  They killed a copperhead SNAKE this week…YES…doing their job.  The people are happy and so am I.  

Calls/Emails:   Text from Unknown Person
On Thursday evening that said “I need a rescue agency asap I found honey in the middle of the garage looking awful.  I’ve tried several rescue agencies but as it’s after 5 I’ve not connected – any ideas?  I see the black one often, I just cannot afford a large vet bill but I would like to get her help.”  2 hours later:  “Honey didn’t make it, I wish I’d found her sooner – food and water was disappearing and there was lots of feces in the litter box.  Really sad” I called the number but no one answered.  I don’t know who this was or what happened.  I have left another phone message on Saturday with no response.   ???????  RIP, Honey!
                                   
BMG:   Moving in August – 10 Year Old Cat
A lady called to say that she and her husband are moving this month and need to place a cat he has been feeding for over 10 years.  They cannot take the cat.  GEEZ!   …and they have done no vet work on it in that entire time.  I told her the first question I asked my new place was “What is your pet limit?”  …reply…no pet limit.   She got indignant and hung up.  Sorry for the cat! 

OMG:  All Night Screamer - UPDATE 
This is a continuing problem because I live here.  Sometimes I get a cat that screams all night.  Usually turning on the light in the cat room stops the screaming…but not this time.  I thought Senor was the problem – NO!  Then I thought Thomas was the problem – NO!  Not I moved Morgan into the family room and he is screaming…this may be the one.  We shall see tonight!
UPDATE:  Well, now it is a CHOIR!  One starts and others chime in!   I have moved to another bedroom in the house.  When you can’t beat ‘um, OUT SMART ‘UM!  

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment