Sunday, October 7, 2018

Barn Cats 10/01/18 to 10/07/18


Blog 10/01/18 to 10/07/18


There will be NO BLOG in November. 
It will start back up in December.  See you then!

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Donation to Wrong Organization
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Cancelled Delivery
OMG (Oh My God):  Feral Eye Problem

Relocations:   I placed 17 this week. 
            4          Shed in Windom (Jade, Robby, Spidey, Shirley)
            4          Barn in Parker (Angel Dumpling, Cubby, Fonda Mae, Fraidy Cat)
            2          Barn in Colleyville (Tara, Tina)         
            4          Adoption Group (Grover, Gracie, Dubious, Pixel)
            3          Residence in Greenville (Fancy, Connie, Leo)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Pottsboro:  Bella, Lane, and Ramsey went to this barn.  They made an REAL MESS of the caging (not surprised because messy here at the house) but it made for an extreme clean up after 3 weeks.  BUT – all the cats are still around and there are no signs of rodents.
2.     Granbury:  Josephine, Black Jack, and Betsy went to this garage/workshop.  All 3 are still there and the property owners are happy!

Calls/Emails:   Donation to Wrong Organization
Just when you think you have heard everything – this call with emails comes through.  A person made a donation using PayPal from the BARN CAT website but wanted it to go to FERAL FRIENDS.  How do you make that mistake?  The websites are totally different.  Anyway, now she wants me to cut her a check and mail it to her.  YES – I will do that BUT I am deducting the charge that PayPal takes out because it was NOT MY MISTAKE!  Geez!

BMG:   Cancelled Delivery  
Whenever I speak to someone about putting cats on their property, I set up the schedule based on their availability and my schedule.  The last think I say is “If you need to reschedule, just call me…we can always work out something different”.  Well, this week I had 4 going out at 10 am the next morning when BY ACCIDENT, I checked email about 8 pm the night before.  It was then that I saw an email with a timestamp of 1:40 pm in my In Box.  It was from this person saying that the next morning would no longer work.  I called.  She did not answer and did not return my call.  I emailed her back – no response.  I think she changed her mind about the cats and just did not want to talk to me.  It is OK – but don’t leave me hanging.  There were other cats scheduled to come in on Friday to fill those empty cages that are now NOT EMPTY.  I had the truck packed and the paperwork done.  Now everything has to be unpacked and paperwork reshuffled.  BUMMER for those cats!

OMG:   Feral Eye Problem
I put the cat Summer out in Terrell last week on Sunday.  On Friday evening the property owner noticed that she had a swollen eye.  When I spoke with her on Saturday, I had appointments set up to deliver cats so could not get her until Sunday for a vet appointment on Monday.  It is at least 1 ½ hours to this location.  So even if I had time on Saturday, I could not get there and get back before out vet closes at 1 pm.  There is the good news.  They got her into a carrier at to a get in Wills Point.  The eye needs to be removed at it will be done on Monday.  I am reliever but sorry she is losing an eye.  There are truly GOOD BARN OWERNS!  THANKS!

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment