Sunday, October 14, 2018

Barn Cats 10/08/18 to 10/14/18


Blog 10/08/18 to 10/14/18


There will be NO BLOG in November. 
It will start back up in December.  See you then!

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Cats Everywhere
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  AGAIN – Rain, Rain, and More Rain!
OMG (Oh My God):  Feral Eye Problem -- UPDATE

Relocations:   I placed 8 this week. 
            2          Barn in Merit (Betsy, Smurf)
            6          Adoption Group (6 Kittens from LVAS)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Celeste:  Callie and Henrietta went to this barn.   Both are spotted regularly so all is good there.  When I went to pick up equipment I ALSO forgot the corner pins.  I got about 2 or 3 miles away when I realized that and returned to the property to get them.
2.     Argyle:  Kaylie, Tyler, and Christy went to this garage.  All three are still around and one was in the front yard the night before I was there.   ALL GOOD!  

Calls/Emails:   Cats Everywhere
I am continuing to get calls/emails to take in cats – BUT – very few calls to take cats.  Every cage in the cat rooms (18 cages) are full with none currently scheduled to go out.  I NEED BARNS!  I cannot take in any cats until some of those cages are emptied.  Having to turn people away.  I hate that but have no control over the barn calls.   SORRY! 

BMG:   AGAIN – Rain, Rain, and More Rain!
I am so tired of this.  I am continually damp around the edges.  Requests for cats are down and I think it is the unpredictable weather.  Then there is the MUD!   Have to be very carefully when going out.   Hope this ends soon.    

OMG:   Feral Eye Problem -- UPDATE
I put the cat Summer out in Terrell last week on Sunday.  On Friday evening the property owner noticed that she had a swollen eye.  When I spoke with her on Saturday, I had appointments set up to deliver cats so could not get her until Sunday for a vet appointment on Monday.  It is at least 1 ½ hours to this location.  So even if I had time on Saturday, I could not get there and get back before out vet closes at 1 pm.  There is the good news.  They got her into a carrier at to a vet in Wills Point.  The eye needs to be removed at it will be done on Monday.  I am reliever but sorry she is losing an eye.  There are truly GOOD BARN OWERNS!  THANKS!
UPDATE:  The surgery went well and Summer is doing great.  They are keeping her in a separate cage so she can get meds daily.  ALL GOOD! 
 
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment