Sunday, November 1, 2015



Blog 10/26/15 to 11/01/15

Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails:  Cats on Campus
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Full Moon  
OMG (Oh My God):  Tumors!

Relocations and In Take:   We had 10 placements this week.     
   2     Barn in Aubrey (Braylie and Butch) 
   2    Adoption Group (Onyx, Bruno)
   6    Barn in Valley View (Fred, Francine, Sarabi, Debbie, Dawn, Darrell)
         (This is the Valley View west of Wichita Falls.)

Sarabi is a friendly cat I had gotten from a local adoption group who said she was not good at adopt-a-pets.  The folks in Valley View “fell in love” and Sarabi is now an inside cat.             

Our Cats after Release: 
1.        Denton:  Remember Beauregard from last week, well he is now RUNNING THE WAREHOUSE!  He scared off all the rats first – then took over the office!  Way to go Big Boy! 
2.        Waxahachie:  We put 3 in the barn (Jesse, Johnny, Jeremy) and one in a garage (Cheddar).  Got to see Cheddar whose new name is Rolo because he ROLLS OVER to play with their giant bull dog, Hoss. 

There are several others that should have been picked up this week but we put it off due to rain.

UPDATE:  Vinny and Velvet were placed in Collinsville in July of 2015.  I got updated pictures this last week.   Vinny is the orange tabby.  Both are still doing well!



Bad Calls/EMAILS:  Cats on Campus
Received a call this week from a person who was crying and crying and crying.  Bottom line:  Someone “high up” at the Tarrant County College South Campus is trapping and removing a group of cats…but…that is about all I know.  She would now say more because she does not want to get fired plus she was difficult to understand because she was sobbing.  There are about 30 cats (only 10 have been fixed – THAT IS THE PROBLEM!) and maintenance has been told to get rid of them.  I gave her the direct phone number of a supervisor at Fort Worth Animal Services who would be the correct person to call…not me…we do not do trapping!  I try not to be rude to folks, but I CANNOT HELP YOU!   Spend that energy trying to get FWAS to help you.  She talked and talked and talked and cried and cried and cried – but I CANNOT HELP YOU!   Oh, well!    I did alert FWAS of the problem.  Hope the cats get saved.  FOLKS:  Just do TNR so you do not have this problem in the first place.  

BMG:  Full Moon
I had so many weird calls and emails this week if would be impossible to list them all.  But since it was a full moon on Tuesday night we will just chalk it up to that.   

OMG:  Tumors!
I received a call from Bedford Animal Services to take a couple of completely vetted cats.  They turned out to be friendly so I will try and trade them…Belle and King.  There was another poor soul there (black cat, only one eye, skinny – but friendly) who I said I would take – call me before you put her to sleep.  Well, they were going to “do the deed” that afternoon so I took her, too.  She needs everything – testing, spay, rabies and distemper shots.  I dropped her off at All Care and Dr. Patty got right on it.  She called later to say that “Hallie” was really “Hal”.  I contacted animal services to give them the male vs female statement when they started laughing.  The lady that brought “her” in had said she had “tumors” – GET IT – balls not tumors!  This will be a joke at the clinic for a long time!     
 
Thanks for following the Barn Cat Blog.  See you next week!       Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment