Sunday, March 6, 2016



Blog 02/22/16 to 02/28/16


Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails:  Trash Not Picked Up
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Poop Everywhere
OMG (Oh My God):  House of Pain

Relocations and In Take:   We had 19 placements this week.    
7          Barn in Lindsey (Hugo, Missy, Betsy, Daisy, Betty, Garfield, Buddy)
1          Indoor/Outdoor Denton Home (Black Bart)
6          Adoption Group (Henry, Pipen, Frodo, Gumball, BenBen, Nafetete)
1          Backyard in Argyle (Hercules)
4          Warehouse in Red Oak (Daisy, Luna, Gizmo, Geraldine)

All our cats going out these cold days/nights are getting winter hidey boxes, rugs, blankets to cover the cages, and either a heater or a heat lamp. 
 
Our Cats after Release:
1.     Denton:  Tawney and Oscar were placed in the garage.  They see Oscar on a regular basis but not Tawney – but lots of food is disappearing.  I will bet she is still around.
2.     Dallas:  Sassy Kitten were to live in this insulated garage in north Dallas.  The home owner keeps chickens so there are rodents around.  Sassy Kitten is doing her job and even lets the homeowner pick her up…YES! 



Bad Calls/EMAILS:  Trash Not Picked Up
The city has these big 96 gallon trash containers.  They warn you not to make them too heavy so I got a second one for an additional monthly charge to use as well.  I also have a 39 gallon container that I used before those big ones were issued by the waste management firm the city uses.  For the last 2 weeks, the pickup guys have not picked up my 39 gallon container.  I called a week ago and they came the next day.  I called this week and was told that the city has contracted only for the pickup of 2 containers at each residence.  BUT – if you go to the city website it says something different.  My complaints were “discarded” by that company so I called Customer Service for the city.  WELL – the “you know what” hit the fan and my third container was picked up FOUR DAYS LATER THAT THE OTHER CONTAINERS.  They said the situation was discussed with the call center rep and the supervisor who were both “confused” -- HA HA!  We shall see if it happens this next week.   

BMG:  Poop Everywhere
There is one cat in the cat room that is not using the litter box.  I go in there twice a day and clean it up.  Well, we all get old and have “issues”.  Thursday morning, I went into the cat room but forgot to look down and stepped right in it.  My sandals cleaned up easily with an old toothbrush.  Next, I went into the laundry room only to find that my Tess who has never used a litter box had left me a “present” on the floor by the washer.  I picked up the poop, dropped a piece, and proceeded to step in it as well.  So, back to the sink with the toothbrush again.  It was the other shoe the second time so both are now cleaned up.  Older cats are wonderful!    

OMG:  House of Pain
Several years ago I received a request for cats from the “House of Pain”.  OK – that sounds like a tattoo parlor to me but what do I know!   It is a business that makes and distributes clothing for power lifters and they are based in Rowlett, TX.  We put 3 cats out there.  When I put Oreo out in Rockwall last week, the property owner was wearing a “House of Pain” t-shirt.  He knows one of the owners of the business and has lots of their shirts.  I got a laugh out of that one.   

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.          Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment