Sunday, November 26, 2017



Blog 11/20/17 to 11/26/17

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:  Six-Screen-Long Text – REALLY?
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan:  12-Year-Old Cat at Kill Shelter
OMG (Oh My God):  Electric Pole Blocking Road

Relocations and In Take:   I placed 6 this week...holiday week!        
4          Barn in Prosper (Elvis, Klondike, Juniper, Newton)
2          Barn in McKinney (cats from former address)

Our Cats after Release:    
1.     Pilot Point:  Willy and Thunder went to this workshop.  Willy is hanging around and is seen regularly and Thunder occasionally…which is exactly opposite of what I thought would happen.
2.     Celina:  Phara and Ashby went to this insulated shed in Celina.  He has put in a cat door in a window for them to come and go.  Phara was in the hidey box when I was there so I just picked up equipment around her and left the box.  Lots of food is disappearing so other neighborhood cats may be enjoying the buffet! 
3.     Dallas:  Crystal and Christopher went to this office in a Dallas business.  Rodent droppings are GONE!   YEAH TEAM!  Got a picture of Christopher. 

                                                  
Calls/Emails:  Six-Screen-Long Text
I am continually amazed at folks that send LONG, LONG, LONG text messages.  They put in their story about the cats they want to place and have lots of questions.  TEXT MESSAGES ARE NOT FOR THAT KIND OF COMMUNICATION!  You need to send an email or call.   People don’t want to call any more…we are so used to FACEBOOK, etc. that we do not want to hear a live person on the phone.  I am not reading long text messages so get over it!   ALSO – that is expensive.  You have questions, call me.  I return all calls.  GEEZ!   

BMG:   12-Year-Old Cat at Kill Shelter
The SPCA of Texas has a Senior-for-Seniors program.  If you have an elderly cat or dog that you need to place, CALL THEM.  This wonderful, large gray/white cat was taken to a kill shelter because “THEY GOT A NEW PUPPY”.  Will you get rid of the puppy when it gets old?  I HATE PEOPLE!  Guess where that cat is now -- HA HA!   
    
OMG:  Electric Pole Blocking the Road
When I went to the business in Dallas to pick up the equipment for Crystal and Christopher, the office manager told me a truck hit a pole and it is leaning over the road in front of their entry way.  OOPS!  Glad she told me so I could come in from the other side.  There was police tape everywhere…what a mess!  But I got in and out with no problem coming from the other side.    

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment