Sunday, May 20, 2018


Blog 05/14/18 to 05/20/18

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

BARN CAT BASH – SUNDAY, June 3, 2018, 5:30 pm
Bistecca in Highland Village – Reservations Required
Call 972-315-2875 or Email info@barncats.org

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Two Friendly Orange Tabbies – UPDATE!
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Black Tub Bouncing Around on the Rayburn Tollway
OMG (Oh My God):  Crack in the Windshield – UPDATE!
Milestone

Relocations:   I placed 8 this week.               
1          Adoption Group:  Rainbow
2          Barn in Burleson (Clyde, Ciabatta)
3          Barn in Waxahachie (Brad, Eddie, Rocky)
2          Shed in Gunter (Jenny, Midnight)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Chico:  I put TimTom and Henry in this greenhouse.  Henry has turned out to be too friendly and then returned him.  TimTom has brought home “dead stuff” so the family is happy with him.
2.     Justin:  Decklin, Flynn, Robin, and Hayden went to this shed.  They are coming and going through a window.  The litter is used and the food is disappearing but they have not been spotted.  I think it is all good. 

Calls/Emails:   Two Friendlier Orange Tabbies – UPDATE! 
There were two brother orange tabbies at the Flower Mound shelter.  I received a call from the director asking me to take these two brothers.  I did that on Monday and immediately put them in a backyard in Double Oak.  This weekend I received an email from a person with a rescue group that was going to adopt those two brothers.  OK – I always think they are better in a safe, indoor home -- BUT – why didn’t she put a hold on them?  Don’t know if I can get them back now…update next week.  UPDATE:  Property owner is out of town until next week.  Will follow up then. 
                                   
BMG:   Black Tub Bouncing Around on the Rayburn Tollway
On Tuesday afternoon, I was returning on the Rayburn when I noticed a BIG BLACK RUBBER TUB bouncing around in traffic and coming my way in 70 mile-an-hour traffic.  Luckily I was in the inside lane and moved to the left.  It hit me just over the right-front tire.  This was scary!  If I had hit it head on, it might have flipped the truck!   I was lucky!  Hopefully this can just be pushed out easily and cheaply. 

OMG:  Crack in the Windshield – UPDATE! 
I took three cats to the Anna Elder Care Center on Friday morning.  On the way back, the windshield was hit by a rock and – CRACK!   It hit the edge which broke the seal.  I called Sam Pack Ford when I noticed it and my service representative said, “Haven’t we done this before?”  YES – sorry – not my fault.  It will be fixed on Wednesday this next week.  UPDATE:  Went to Sam Pack on Wednesday at 9 with the expectation it would be fixed by noon.  HAHA!  At 12:30 I went to my rep and pulled the order…”I am leaving!”  The glass company showed up at 12:45.  They called and rescheduled for Friday to COME TO MY HOME and fix it between 9 and noon.  This time the rep called and showed up at 11:45.  New windshield is now if place but with 2 days of struggling to get it done.  BUMMER! 

Milestone:  Check out the speedometer reading from the truck last Monday.  I was traveling to Valley View up by Gainesville when this happened.   100000 miles in 3 ½ years placing feral cats. 


     
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg         
                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment