Sunday, April 14, 2019

Barn Cat BLOG 4/14/19


Blog 04/08/19 to 04/14/19


Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Operation Kindness Board - UPDATE
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Barn Owners Requests for Cats
OMG (Oh My God):  Getting Cats Out of My House

Relocations:   I placed 18 this week.    
5          Barn in Crossroads (Gum Drop, Jelly Bean, Pixie, KitKat, Snickers)
2          Garage in Whitewright (Uno, Dos)
3          Workshop in Anna (Noel, Smarty Pants, Loner)
2          Barn in Rockwall (Lucy, Grayson)
6          Barn in Frisco (Bane, Bobcat, Jerry, Peter, Stinkie, Trouble)

Our Cats after Release:  No equipment picked up this week.  There will be 6 next week.

Calls/Emails:   Operation Kindness Board - Update
Wednesday of this next week we have a lunch scheduled.  Really don’t know what possibility could come of this since their decision to drop the Barn Cat project.  I am working with several other groups to place cats and caging with them.  I no longer trust Operation Kindness…so…update next week.   UPDATE:  We all agreed to just let it go.  I am working to make Barn Cats a referral:  I match up barn owners with groups that have cats to place.  If Operation Kindness wants to do some barning it may start AFTER the building project is completed – probably 2 years out.  I am moving on!           

BMG:   Barn Owners Requests for Cats
Let’s take a look at these placement numbers for March from 2014 to now:

March
2014   83
2015   71
2016   52
2017   86
2018   84
2019   23

Other than the weather, I cannot explain the drop in placements.   Of the April relocations, all but 2 have been repeat customers, too.  Maybe the rats are not running this year…?????  I just do not know how to explain this.  BUMMER!    

OMG:   Getting Cats Out of My House
I am no longer taking in cats.  I currently have 8 to place.  Cages are being cleaned and taken down, as well.  I will distribute the caging to groups wanting to do some barning as I give them referrals.  At least “some” feral cats will continue to be saved…just not at the levels from the last 16 years.  This will especially be bad for cats who end up in municipal kill shelters.  So sorry!     

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment