Sunday, April 28, 2019

Barn Cat BLOG 4/28/19


Blog 04/22/19 to 04/28/19


Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Injured Cat in Mineola - UPDATE
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  The Big Clean - UPDATE
OMG (Oh My God):  Lewisville Animal Services – CONCERN!

Relocations:   I placed 9 this week.    
2          Barn in Argyle (Blaze, Glenna)
3          Backyard in Bartonville (Walter, Little Bit, Buddy)
2          Barn in Forney (Whitney, Diane)
2          Barn in Collinsville (Sue, Whiskers)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Van Alstyne:  Mulligan and Jones went to this location where I saw a rat running along the edge of the workshop.  WELL – no more rats!   The boys are doing their job and the property owner is very pleased.  He has not seen them but there are rodent “parts” left as proof.  HA HA! 
2.     Cedar Hill:  Tommy and Goldie went to this horse riding stable.  The litter boxes are used and the rats are gone.   GOOD JOB! 
3.     Aubrey:  Mary and Paula went to this horse riding stable.  The property has a concession stand and they are living underneath.  Must be rodents there.   Get ‘um girls!      

Calls/Emails:   Injured Cat in Mineola - UPDATE
I help someone with cats many, many years ago.  She is now living in Mineola, TX.  That is “not” close by.  HOWEVER, it is close to Emory, TX where I have had a request for 6 cats.  I will be taking 6 from Feral Friends to Emory hopefully next week.  Then, I will get this injured cat from the vet clinic and give it to an adoption group here.   A neighbor’s dog chased it into the street and it was hit by a car.  The good news is that the driver took the cat to a vet clinic where it is healing.  Hope this works out…!!!   UPDATE:  Picking up that cat on Monday after I deliver cats to Emory.  He has tested negative and been given rabies and distemper shots.  I just need to get him neutered after he is back here.   It would have been about $250 to get him neutered at that local vet clinic.   You know:  People always think things are cheaper living in a small town – NOT!          

BMG:   The Big Clean - UPDATE
We have begun to clean and take down caging in both cat rooms.  There are currently just 3 in there plus 2 together in a triple cage in my family room.  Those 2 are going out on Monday.  The volunteers have taken down 14 cages.  I will begin to distribute those cages to groups that will be doing some barning.  I have already begun to do “referrals”.  I hope to get all 5 remaining cats out next week.  BUT – 2 were going to a barn in Red Oak but there was a death in their family and they are now out of town.  Hope they return early next week so I can get out there with Blaze and Glenna.  Keep your paws crossed!  UPDATE:  Well, that Red Oak barn cancelled on Friday.  I put out Blaze and Glenna in an Argyle location.  The bad news is that I took in two other cats for Red Oak and now it is gone!   Now what?  The cats are in relocation cages in my family room so we can continue to clean.  

OMG:   Lewisville Animal Services – CONCERN!
When I needed cats for the Red Oak location (then she cancelled), but I contacted several groups and shelters to see about getting 2 cats for that location.  I called LVAS because I had not heard from them in a while.  Their director took a different job and the assistant is now “in change”.  She has been a problem in the past – cancelled the spay/neuter of ferals when the director was on vacation.  I was about to challenge that with the City Council when the director returned and reversed her decision.  I don’t know what she has AGAINT feral cats – but this is serious.  I ran the numbers and I have taken 46 from them since the first of the year but only 1 in the last month – BECAUSE they have not called me because they are no longer spaying/neutering.  More next week… 

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment