Friday, June 29, 2012

5/27/2012 - 6/17/2012


Relocations and In Take
Three Orange Tabbies
Barn Cat Bash
Blog Suspended until June 17th
(See Pictures Below)


Relocations and In Take:  2 out and 1 in – Trying to clear cages because I am leaving town on Sunday. The 1 that came in was the sister of “Sweets” who I have had over a month waiting for her to finish nursing kittens then to be spayed.    

1          Garage in Celeste
1          Plant nursery in Flower Mound

This was a week of equipment collection and cleaning…Prosper, Nevada, Forreston, Duncanville, Decatur, and Oak Point. OH BROTHER! This stuff was really dirty. But, barns are dirty places, for the most part.                               



Cole at his new barn home in Oak Point.


Three Orange Tabbies:  I had been saving these cats for a lady who called me from McKinney.  Sounded like a good place, so I made an appointment on a Thursday afternoon in early May. That morning, she called and needed to postpone the relocation because of a serious plumbing problem. I waited several days and called and called and called. She finally called me back last week on Friday and asked that I contact her again on Wednesday to set up a relocation day/time for the end of the week. On Wednesday night when I finally got her on the phone (after leaving several messages), she said she was “sick” and cancelled the whole thing. GOOD GRIEF! These are wonderful cats. I will just find them another location to call home.  BUMMER! 

Barn Cat Bash:  Sunday, 6/24/12 at 5:30 pm at Grotto in Highland Village, $40 per person, buffet dinner, wine, silent and live auctions.  We always have a great time and make lots of money to get us through August.  August is so hot we cannot place many cats. If no cats are placed, then no money comes in. 

Blog Suspended until June 17th:  I will be out of town for a couple of weeks on a river boat trip on the Seine in Northern France.  We will be in Normandy for D-Day!   

Thanks for following the Barn Cat Blog.  See you June 17th!            Peg





              

No comments:

Post a Comment