Blog 06/09/14 to 06/15/14
Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails: Two People with the Same First Name
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan): Why won’t people just call?
OMG (Oh My God): I Brake for Turtles
Jimmy and Booboo
Relocations and In Take: Placed 12 this week with intake at 6.
1 Adoption Group (Teddy)
1 Adoption Group in Flower Mound from Denton
2 Garage in Fort Worth (Weldon, Cheshire)
4 Moved to New Home in Dallas
1 Garage in Prosper (Raindrop)
2 Barn in Gunter (Boots, Sebastian)
1 Bonham Rescue
Our Cats after Release: Picked up equipment in 6 locations this week.
1. Prosper: Placed Golden Eyes and Blackie in this garage. Both cats have not showed themselves this week.
2. Gunter: Froggy and Butch were put in this barn. Butch immediately ran off…bummer! Froggy (Mr. Hisser) is hanging out in the hay. The good news is that they took 2 additional cats (Boots and Sebastian).
3. Josephine: Betty Davis and Catalina were placed here. One is there all the time and one is coming and going….don’t know who is who because the wife was out of town.
4. Sachse: Jenny and Jamie are living on the back porch in this lovely home that backs up to a golf course.
5. Rockwall: Bailey, Brandon, and Brandy are still in this great barn in Rockwall. There were workers in the barn so I did not get to see any of them.
6. Lewisville/Flower Mound: Sherman is doing well in his shed-home and Sasha and Ester are GREAT. I did not get to see any of these cats but the property owners assured me they are doing well.
Bad Calls/EMAILS: Two People with the Same First Name
A lady was bringing in two brother cats. Her name is Arleen. I called and called and left many messages on a 214 number for Arleen when I discovered days later that her number is an 817! It would have helped ALOT if that 214 Arleen had called and told me that she was the WRONG ARLEEN! Oh well – cats got here several days later when I discovered my error.
BMG: Why won’t people just call?
This is such a funny situation. I ask people to call and then text for updates. Texting is OK if there are short questions/answers but when deciding about cat placement, there are many areas to discuss: now many cats, how close is house to barn, do you live on the property…etc.etc. SO – just call – don’t text. OK?
OMG: I Brake for Turtles
Whenever it rains, the turtles are all over the country roads. On Wednesday traveling between Rockwall and Josephine, I passed a turtle going across the 2 land road. I immediately turned around, put on the emergency flashers, and stopped a truck coming toward me to get the turtle to the opposite side of the road. REMEMBER: Put the turtle on the side of the road they are headed toward…because…if you return them to the side they came from, they will just TRY IT AGAIN!
Jimmy and Booboo: Booboo likes to sleep under the couch covers. Guess he is hiding…??? Jimmy curled up on top of him. Booboo must be nice and soft like one of those expensive bed systems. This option is much cheaper. Jimmy is a Katrina cat and survived the hurricane in the worst possible area – The 9th Ward. I think he did pretty good for himself!
"Thanks" for following the Barn Cats Blog. See you next week -- Peg