Sunday, June 29, 2014



Blog 06/23/14 to 06/29/14

Blog on Vacation
Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails:   Doesn’t Like My Attitude
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Kitty Repo
OMG (Oh My God):  “I cannot do that!”
 
Blog on Vacation:  This is the last entry until July 27th.  If you have not seen your cat listed, then he/she is still in house and will be here until I return. 

Relocations and In Take:   Placed 17 this week with intake at 7.       
2          Barn in Gunter (Poppy, Mrs. O’Hara)
3          Barn in Midlothian (Boots, Ronny, Reba)
3          Barn in Union Valley (Susie, Chloe, Daisy)
3          Barn in Royce City (Nikki, Louis, Grace)
3          Barn in Southlake (Midnight, Cali, Princess)
1          Adoption Group (Andy)
2          Bonham Rescue

Our Cats after Release:  Picked up equipment in 5 locations this week.        
1.      Fort Worth:  The family garage is the new home for Cheshire and Weldon.  I saw Weldon as he scooted under the garage door to get back to “safety”.  I was not quick enough to get a picture.  Both are doing great with the family. 
2.      Prosper:  Raindrop was placed in this garage.  She is doing great.  I put two ferals there previously that have not been seen – BUT the rabbit population is now really down…good.  Raindrop is a torti.  I met the family dog, a Bull Mastiff, on Saturday.  He and Raindrop are the same color!  WEIRD!
3.      Gunter:  Boots and Sebastian were placed in this barn.  Boots has been spotted but not Sebastian.  They are making themselves scarce but the property owner found a dead bird in a stall this week – a good thing!
4.      Whitesboro:  This big, commercial barn site is the new home for Rusty, Buddy, Shelly, Caramel, Roger, and Molly.  I did not get to see any of them but the office said they have been spotted in the evenings which is what I would expect. 
5.      Argyle:  Brittany and Moonflower are “taking care of business” in the tack room of this barn.  Moonflower would not show herself but Brittany was all about getting her picture taken. 

Bad Calls/EMAILS:  Doesn’t Like My Attitude
Received a call mid-week from a lady with 24 cats and “most” are spayed.  Sure they are!  AND, of course, she does not want them killed.  I went through the whole thing about spay/neuter and TNR but she would not listen.  I guess because I would not RUSH RIGHT OVER and remove all 24 cats, she decided she did not like my attitude and hung up on me.  (My Opinion:  That meant I no longer had to talk to her -- YES!)  Geez – people!  If you get the first ones sterilized, you do not get to 24 cats.  ALSO – this did not happen overnight and it will not be resolved overnight.  She obviously does not do rescue.   

BMG:  Kitty Repo
Remember from last week the location where the wife wanted cats but the husband did not?  WELL – I got them back but only after I texted both folks.  They would not return my calls but did respond to a text.  I think they did not want the other to know they were talking to me…???  I think this is a CONTROLLING HUSBAND scenario – she got cats BEFORE GETTING HIS APPROVAL!  I did not want our cats to be in the middle of this internal war.  I went over and retrieved them from the barn.  They were due for release on Tuesday so they would still be in the caging I set up…WRONG!  She had released them BUT they were still in a stall with the hay.  SO – like all stories, this one has two sides….controlling husband and a non-listening wife…hummmmm!  At least our cats are safe. 


OMG:  “I cannot do that!”
A lady called Operation Kindness and wanted them to take an 18-year-old cat that is peeing all over her house.  No shelter is going to take an 18-year-old cat – in fact, you don’t want one going into a shelter environment with lots of other cats and lots of potential germs. So they give her a list of phone numbers.  Anyway, just like everyone else, she will not have it euthanized because “I just cannot do that!” but she will take it to the Carrollton Animal Shelter where THEY WILL EUTHANIZE IT!   I tried to convince her to go to a vet clinic and sit with the cat while she “goes to sleep”.  “I cannot do that!”  But she can take it to the shelter and have them do it!  More and more I hate people!    

Sorry – once again I cannot get the pictures to flow from my phone.  Don’t know what is up with that. 

“Thanks” for following the Barn Cats Blog.  The Blog will return on Sunday, July 27th.      Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment