Blog 10/27/14 to 11/02/14
Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails: “Friends” Need Help
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan): 24-Hours Until Eviction
OMG (Oh My God): Paperwork Snafu
Relocations and In Take: Placed 20 this week with intake at 6.
2 Adoption Groups (Ciera, Honey)
3 Barn in Anna (Speaker, Momsy, Mugsy)
3 Garage in Weatherford (Midnight, Smokey)
4 Barn in Aubrey (Abe, Andy, Ashley, Arthur)
8 Bonham Rescue
We placed 86 in October in 13 North Texas counties. We were all over the map!
Collin Ellis Hood Tarrant Wise
Dallas Fannin Navarro Parker
Denton Grayson Milam Wichita
Our Cats after Release: Picked up equipment in 5 locations this week.
1. Grapevine: Vicky and Molly went to this barn where the owner does horse rescue. Vicky is still around but Molly has not been seen. BUMMER!
2. Granbury: Cry Baby and Skipper are both hanging around and have been spotted.
3. Blue Ridge: I put 3 in one barn and 1 (friendly) in another barn. Well, there is far too much poop in the second barn and none in the first barn – so – guess they liked it better in the second barn. Randy (now Ralph) is the friendly cat and guess he told the others that it was better there…???
4. Van Alstyne: Victor, Hudson, Bear, and Scooter were placed in this barn. Victor and Hudson are being more elusive but Bear and Scooter are out all the time. PLUS – they got 2 bison and a miniature pig – the pig will only get to be about 20 lbs and walks on a leash.
5. Aubrey: Nell was placed here in a barn. She is a friendly cat but does not like other cats. This is the purr-fect environment for her. She was inside a wall and would not come out when I was there.
Bad Calls/EMAILS: “Friends” Need Help
A person who does rescue in Mesquite or Garland received a call from a “friend” that she and her adult son are moving at the end of the year and need someone to take their cats. They are in Rhome, TX. That is one full TEXAS COUNTY away from either Mesquite or Garland. Plus, none of the cats are sterilized, etc….of course! Now this is a mom and an adult son and they are asking another person on the other side of Dallas to just take care of this for them. NO! Get a grip people. You caused this mess (20+ cats/kittens) and now you want someone else to resolve it for you so you to not feel guilty AND I am sure they have no funds, cannot do trapping, and/or transport of the cats. IDIOTS EVERYWHERE!
BMG: 24-Hours Until Eviction
Someone left a message for Barn Cats this week saying that they were being evicted in 24-hours and needed to place 2 cats. OK – I think it is 90-days for eviction papers to go through – I learned that from Judge Judy – HA HA! So, these folks waited 89 days until they REALIZED that the cats needed to be placed. I actually said I would take one of them but it would need to be tested and shots updated (already fixed)…but…that was the last I heard from them. Bet they moved off and left the cats there. I HATE PEOPLE!
OMG: Paperwork Snafu
It is sometimes a problem when folks come in with a bunch of cats. This is a group of 6. I put them in 2 triple cages in my family room a week or so ago – 3 per cage. I asked the owner which three should go together and labeled the cages and the paperwork. I packed up 3 today to take them to the barn in Anna. Paperwork said a 2 tabbies and a black/white. When I unpacked them in Anna, it was two black/whites and one tabby. I called the former owner when I returned home and it looks like the paperwork was “confused”. Now I need to mail the correct info to the barn owner and get that wrong one’s info back. It is always something…
“Thanks” for following the Barn Cats Blog. See you all next week. Peg