Sunday, November 16, 2014



Blog 11/10/14 to 11/16/14     

Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails:   Friendly Cat for Gun Barrel City
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Delays
OMG (Oh My God):  Rats, Mice, Snakes, and… 
Memorial for Eeyore  
       
Relocations and In Take:   Placed 22 this week with intake at 10.       
1          Adoption Group (Siamese from Aledo)
9          Barn in Terrell (9 from Aledo Hoarder)
12        Bonham Rescue

Our Cats after Release:  Picked up equipment in 2 locations this week.
1.      Weatherford:  Well…Midnight and Smokey are Living in the House!   GOOD FOR YOU!  Below is Smokey.  Midnight is a black and white and both came from Lewisville Animal Services


 2.      Ennis:  Miss Kitty and Mama were placed in this garage in Ennis.  They are seeing Mama on a regular basis but not Miss Kitty.  So – don’t know if she went to a neighbor’s garage or not.

Bad Calls/EMAILS:  Friendly Cat for Gun Barrel City
A guy called and asked for a friendly indoor/outdoor cat for his property.  So, I got a friendly cat off death-row at the Lewisville Shelter and drove 1 ½ hours to Gun Barrel City.  I called him from a neighboring town to say I was in the area but the call went to voicemail.  I went to the address he had given me but the numbers did not match up.  WELL – there are two sections around Cedar Creek Lake with much the same street names.  I flagged down a lady in another car and asked.  SO – now he is not answering his phone and I cannot find the street.  Thank God for the Map App.  BUT – there was a street, drive, loop, etc. all with the same name…DEAD AGAIN and still no answer on his phone.  After 1 hour of driving around I gave up.  He called about 40 minutes later and said “Who is this?” meaning he had not listened to any of my 5 messages.  SO SORRY – cat comes home with me.  “Happy” will be much happier living in the Dallas area anyway. 

BMG:  Delays
I received 7 from a hoarder in Aledo in September.  I placed them all together on 9/11/14.  The barn owner in Terrell was very pleased with the cats handling his terrible rat problem so he agreed to take the others from the Aledo location.  After many delays, I finally received those cats on 11/7 and placed them with him on 11/11/14…2 months later.  I was soooooo afraid he no longer wanted these additional cats.  But, he did and that problem is resolved.  2 months is a long time for someone to wait.  I was very pleased but surprised that he still wanted them.  All is well in Terrell.  We even saw one of the cats when we were setting up equipment.    

OMG:  Rats, Mice, Snakes, and…
I placed 2 females from different places in a location south of Weatherford about a year ago.  The family made them a hidey box for the back porch and put out a feeder and waterer.  It was a good place for them.  When I picked up equipment they had not been spotted but the food was disappearing.  BUT NOW – they are around all the time and leave “presents” often for their human family – rats, mice, snakes…and…last week…A KITTEN!  Yes, that is right -- our cats are now rescuing homeless kittens.  The family has brought it inside and was calling me for spay/neuter references.  GOOD JOB GIRLS!  

Memorial for Eeyore
On 9/14/2014, a Sunday, I received a gray and white cat that was found in an apartment complex in North Dallas.  He was old, skinny, and severely neglected.  The couple that found him named him Eeyore.  After testing, I released him in the front of my house with my personal cats.  He got along fine.  I fed him AD mixed with water and he ate well…but…never seemed to gain any weight.  Thursday evening he wanted to sit in my lap for several hours which was sort of unusual.  Now I know…  Friday morning he was basically unresponsive.  Dr. Jim at All Care recommended euthanasia, so Eeyore went “over the Rainbow Bridge” that morning.  I only had him for a month but I miss the little guy.  He came to us all dirty.  His white fur had gotten white again since living inside.  RIP, Eeyore!  Get a better family next time that won’t live you outside.  At least he was not dying outside on the wet ground in the cold weather. 
   

“Thanks” for following the Barn Cats Blog.  See you all next week.          Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment