Sunday, November 30, 2014



Blog 11/24/14 to 11/30/14     

Relocations and In Take
Our Cats after Release
Bad Calls/Emails:   Mess in Fort Worth
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Confirm Then Not Attend 
OMG (Oh My God):  “Meadow” is Back Home
Memorial for Cindy
 
Relocations and In Take:   Placed 0 this week with intake at 6.  We did a fundraiser the Friday after Thanksgiving so no cats were placed.         

Our Cats after Release:   Also, did not pick up any equipment this week either but received a picture of 2 of our cats in Gunter. 
         


Bad Calls/EMAILS:  Mess in Fort Worth
I have heard that there are about 100 cats at a location in Fort Worth where the property is going to be renovated.  The situation has been on TV.  I originally received a call from the new head of Animal Services in Fort Worth.  I get the first 6 of those this week.  I will take as many as I can when I can but 100 is just too much for anyone at any one time.  

BMG:  Confirm Then Not Attend
I am really tired of folks that confirm for an event and then do not show up.  I guess they have never put an event together.  You plan on seating, drinks, and food based on the confirmed number.  7 different people confirmed and then did not show with NO phone call and/or email. 
One couple confirmed for the DINNER and then did not come…this is the second time that had happened with that couple – so NO MORE INVITATIONS FOR YOU GUYS!  

OMG:  ‘Meadow” Is Back Home
About two years ago, I placed several cats in a barn but one turned out to be friendly.  The property owner took her in but she soon broke out of a screen on a window.  She saw her around the property for the next year, ate food, and even stayed in a light-bulb-heated igloo during the winter.  They decided to try again to catch her about a month ago and LO AND BEHOLD she got into the trap.  Now we know why:  She has become almost totally blind.  BUT – she made it home and is now back inside the house.  You never know…

Memorial for Cindy
Really sorry to have to write this one….
In 2008 we received 2 cats that had been abandoned outside a municipal shelter in either Mesquite or Garland.  Both were friendlier so one went to an adoption group.  The other, a buff tabby about 7 or 8 years old, had a serious medical problem:  she was born without eyelids!  We did the surgery to correct the problem as best we could and Cindy stayed with me.  She slept with me each night and was tolerant of other cats that came and went from the bedroom.  When I returned from a trip the first week of September, she was drooling.  I took her to the vet thinking it was a bad tooth – the usual.  BUT – not with Cindy – it is always something unusual.  She had a tumor in her mouth.  The clinic wanted to euthanize her that day but I asked if we could wait.  They gave her a cortisone shot and an antibiotic shot and sent her home.  Every two weeks, we returned to the clinic for two more shots.  She made it an additional 3 month which I think is great.  Tuesday she passed away.  I really miss her.  Like I said this one was hard.  I hope she reincarnates into a better body – one with working eyelids!  RIP Miss Cindy. (sorry could not get the picture to come over to the blog - maybe another time)



“Thanks” for following the Barn Cats Blog.  See you all next week.          Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment