Monday, December 12, 2016



12/05/16 to 12/11/16

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:  Random Act of Kindness
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan:  Kitten Update:  ALL ADOPTED
OMG (Oh My God):  Crandall “Cotton Gin” GONE! 

Relocations and In Take:   I placed 10 this week.  Weather has been a problem.   
3          Garage in Celina (William, Grant, Casey)
2          Workshop in Gunter (Linx, Garfield)
3          Shed in Anna (Blueberry, Blackberry, Ziti)
2          Barn in Farmersville (Misty, Tabitha)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Kemp:  Sally and Sarah went to their own cat house in Kemp.  They are primarily living in the woods but coming back to eat and use the litter box.      
2.     Garland:   Amanda and Kitty went to this horse stable in Garland.  I got to see both but they were hiding and could not get a picture.  Both are doing well.
3.     Crossroads:  Vanilla, Peppermint, Cher, and Callie went to this barn with free-roaming chickens.  They are being illusive but the food is disappearing and the litter boxes are still being used. 
4.     Aubrey:  Shadow, Patrick, and Belle went to this family barn.  All are still around.  Below are pictures of all three.  


           
Calls/Emails:  Random Act of Kindness
I pulled into a Starbucks and when I got up to the window, the car in front of me had paid for my order.  WOW – that has never happened – but much appreciated!

BMG:   Kitten Update:  ALL ADOPTED
When I picked up equipment in Celina, there were three 4-month old kittens that some un-caring person had left in the barn.  There are 400 adoption groups in the DFW area and someone dumped these sweet kittens.  I hate people. 
UPDATE:  Last weekend, one kitten, Peter, was adopted at Petco by a family that has just lost their 18-year old cat.  WELL – after a week at Petco, Paul and Mary were adopted together on Sunday!   YEAH!   As one of our volunteers put it “Awe, my heart just melted!  Thank you to those wonderful people who are keeping them together!”  EXACTLY!

OMG:  Crandall “Cotton Gin” GONE!
When traveling to Kemp, I go through Crandall.  There is a restaurant and bar on a corner east of town.  IT IS GONE!  Ground has been leveled.  Nancy and I stopped there once and really did not like the food…so…maybe that caught up with them.  I do not know if that building was once a real cotton gin.  If so, it would have been an historic building.  Bummer cause now it is gone.   
 
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.          Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment