Sunday, April 9, 2017



Blog 04/03/17 to 04/09/17

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2018.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation…  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:  Map?  Directions?  Address? 
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan:   Signs Only in One Direction
OMG (Oh My God):  Print Job Gone Wrong

Relocations and In Take:   I placed 18 this week. 
4          Garage/Shed in Sunnyvale (Whitney, Onyx, Chester, Frank)
3          Shed in Whitney (Dijon, Sissy, Mama Cat)
1          Backyard/Porch in McKinney (Skye)
1          Returned to Owner (Merlin)
3          Man Cave in Grand Saline (Jamie Kitty, Randy, Beets)
3          Workshop in Grand Saline (Sonny, George, Ziggy)
1          Garage in McKinney (Kingston)
2          Workshop in Trenton (Tilly, Marmalade)

Our Cats after Release:    
1.     Argyle:  Cherry and Caramel went to this shed.  Just before I got there the owner discovered a rat torso (no head and no tail) in the shed.  YES – they are “working”.
2.     Haslet:  Smudge, Tara, and Zora went to this shed/workshop.  They have congregated around the hen house (because that is where the rodents are), I’ll bet!
3.     Springtown:  Bobo, Sheldon, Theodore and Fred went to this attached garage.  The property owners saw two the day before I got there and one that day…so…they are around for sure.  

Calls/Emails:  Map?  Directions?  Address?
I drove into East Texas only to have incorrect directions, a too-high-level map to do any good, and an incorrect address.  The road name I was given CHANGED ITS NAME TWICE before getting to their property.  I thought I was in the wrong place.  SO – I used the map app to find their address.  That put me in totally the wrong location.  The first time I called, it went into voice mail.  I was not called back – so when I got to the bad address, I called back and then got him.  He directed me BACK to the first area and said to look for a YET AGAIN different road number.  Geez – nothing should be this difficult!  

BMG:   Signs Only in One Direction
We have seen this before in the country especially on mail boxes.  The property numbers are ONLY ON THE SIDE of the direction that the mail man uses.  This time, it was one of those green street/road signs with the County Road number on it.  I passed the location, check the map app, then turned around.  NOW THERE IS A GREEN SIGN going south – but nothing going north.  Welcome to rural Texas!      

OMG:  Print Job Gone Wrong
I just put out a string fundraising letter.  When I took it to be printed (500 copies to the place we have used for several years), 355 of the copies were smudged and unusable.  The last time, there were only 30 or 40 that had to be reprinted…but…this was a real mess.  I got the copies done at UPS and took the BIG BAG of bad copies back to the original location.  I returned the copies, shook his hand, and said “I will not be back”.  This is bad business, folks.  BUT – UPS is much closer so that is the positive!  

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment