Sunday, April 30, 2017



Blog 04/24/17 to 04/30/17

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2018.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation…  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

BARN CAT BASH – Sunday, June 4th
Bistecca in Highland Village, 5:30 pm
Gourmet Food, Endless Wine, Giant Auction
Reservations Required

Relocations
April Closeout
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:  Nasty Weather
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan:   Are we there yet?
OMG (Oh My God):  Bird Strikes
Photos:  “Trucking for Jesus” and “Dog Bone Bench” 

Relocations and In Take:   I placed 12 this week.    
3          Barn in Southlake (Oreo, Tuxie, Blackie)
3          Workshop in Lone Oak (Elvis, El Fenix, Elvira)
3          Garage in Poetry (Gracie, Sara, Uni)
3          Workshop in Morgan Mill (Bryan, Paul, Gary)

April Closeout:  Placed 60 in April which bring it to 240 for 2017.  The 60 were placed in the following 10 North Texas counties: 
   Collin              Denton            Fannin             Hunt                Tarrant
   Dallas              Erath               Hill                  Johnson          Van Zandt

Our Cats after Release:    
1.     Grand Saline #1:  Jamie, Beets, and Randy went to this MAN CAVE.  I was hoping to see them…but no.   BUMMER!  I was told by the ranch manager that 2 have been spotted so guess all is well.
2.     Grand Saline #2:  George, Ziggy, and Sonny were placed in this workshop with feed and hay storage areas.  They have not been seen but “HEARD” rummaging around in the area.  Also, the food is disappearing and the litter is being used. 
3.     Trenton:  Tilly was placed in this workshop area with Marmalade in Trenton.  Marmalade is being illusive but Tilly is following the folks around the property.  The family is taking Serena from us on Monday to be a friend for Tilly.  ALL GOOD!
4.     Whitney:  Sissy, Mama Cat, and Dijon went to this property near Lake Whitney.  All are living under a shed…which is what I expected AND one will let them pet her. 

Calls/Emails:  Nasty Weather
I picked up equipment in Grand Saline on Friday.  The 3-week point would have been Saturday but there was bad weather on the way scheduled for Saturday.  GOOD PLAN!  There were tornadoes in Canton at the Hwy 17 exit – JUST WHERE I CUT OFF I-20 ON FRIDAY!  A car dealership was destroyed in Canton.  I have texts out to both the Grand Saline barn locations but have not heard back.  HOPE ALL IS WELL!!!???  That system also passed just south of the Lone Oak locations where I put cats on Wednesday.  DON’T MESS WITH MOTHER NATURE!   

BMG:   Are we there yet? 
It has been a week of extreme travel:  Whitney which is west of Hillsboro, Lone Oak which is south of Greenville, Grand Saline which is north of Canton, and Morgan Mill which is north of Stephenville.  I had trouble finding the right road going to Morgan Mill.  The owner guided me to them and then through the front electric gate.  THEN – it was “over the river and through the woods” to get to the house/barn/workshop area.  I swear they live in a different zip code from the front gate.  PLUS:  both husband and wife work in the DFW area.  GEEZ!   I need to be at least in an area to get a pizza delivered!   

OMG:  Bird Strikes
I have been doing this for 15 years now and never hit a bird.  TWICE THIS WEEK birds flew right into the truck.  I feel bad but it could not be avoided. 

Photos:  “Trucking for Jesus” and “Dog Bone Bench”
Well, I was rather shocked with the picture on the back of this logistics truck going down I-20 west of Fort Worth.  What do you think?


This Bench is outside Grapevine Animal Services.  CUTE! 


Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment