Sunday, September 23, 2018

Barn Cats Blog 09/17/18 to 09/23/18

Blog 09/17/18 to 09/23/18

$5,000 for our Feral Cats – THANKS! 

Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Mystery Phone Number in Waxahachie
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Massive Diarrhea
OMG (Oh My God):  “Jet” – Congestive Heart Failure

Relocations:   I placed 13 this week. 
            3          Garage in Argyle (Christy, Tyler, Kaylie)
            4          Adoption Group (Mavis, Gwen, Chewy, Jewel)
            6          Barn in Nevada (Mya, Celia, Dove, Larry, Curley, Moe)      
Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Southlake:  Cho and Snickers went to this barn next to the family home.  Both are around and doing well.  I caught a picture of Cho:   

2.     Southlake:  Sandy and Thomas went to this garage with a cat door in a window.  They see both but Sandy in around more regularly.  They have adjusted well!    
3.     Lucas:  Screech went to this barn in Lucas.  He is friendly boy but gets over-stimulated.   He is doing great with the barn owner and seems to really be enjoying the barn environment.    

Calls/Emails:   Mystery Phone Number in Waxahachie
Received a call from a lady in Waxahachie.  She said I had called her…???  I checked all my numbers for relocations and cats but could not find her number.  I apologized and I hung up.  Checking my recent number, YES I had called her – or at least my phone called her.  She said she gets “mystery” calls all the time.  We both have AT&T.  Wonder if there is something weird going on…???
BMG:   Massive Diarrhea
Got a big guy in house that has VERY BIG POOP and always loose.  Got to find a place for him that will “understand” his problem.  Had it checked – and all clear of disease or parasites.  ???

OMG:  “Jet”   Congestive Heart Failure
Jet was a big, black cat – very friendly boy.  He came from Hickory Creek Animal Services where he had been in quarantine for biting someone.  He was no problem here.  On Tuesday morning when I got up, I heard some strange noises in the cat room.  I went in and found Jet having trouble breathing.  I got dressed and took him to the Emergency Clinic here in Lewisville.  X-rays discovered that his is lungs were filled with liquid.  He died during the exam.  This was all from 5:30 am to 7:30 am.  I took his body to All Care for a group cremation.  This was certainly a shock – he was only 2 years old.  RIP, Jet! 

Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment