Sunday, October 27, 2019


Blog 10/21/19 to 10/27/19

PLEASE BE ADVISED: 
1.     The Barn Cat phone number has changed.  Remove 972-315-2875.  Use 972-742-5238. The website has been updated but there are still many lists out there with the old number.  A message now exists on the old number that references the new number. 
2.     The Barn Cat mailing has changed:  PO Box 12642, Dallas, TX  75225.  Letters will be going out this week with the new information. 

Abbreviations:
MCCC – Mid-Cities Community Cats
DCL – Dallas Cat Lady
PCFCC – Panther City Feral Cat Coalition
FF – Feral Friends
TTR – Tall Tails Rescue
GNB – Garland New Beginnings
HCPA – Hunt County Pets Alive
SPCA – SPCA of Texas

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:  Many Out-of-State Calls/Emails
OMG:   Hillside Vet Clinic in Dallas
BMG:  Vacation Schedule – UPDATE

Relocations:   No word from the groups this week.  I sent MCCC 2 possibilities that was in their area but nothing else going on that I know of.  No word from DCL about Princeton, either.        

Our Cats after Release:    Got a donation with the following on the outside of the envelope that SAYS IT ALL:  NO Mice – No Rats – No Snakes – Since our Barn Cats!  That update is from Emory, TX.  THANKS!
  
Calls/Emails:  Many Out-of-State Calls/Emails
I am not getting much from the North Texas area but lots from around the US…??? 

OMG:   Hillside Vet Clinic in Dallas
This clinic is where my Coppell vets youngest daughter is working now.  She graduated from A&M as a veterinarian this last spring.  That clinic is just down the freeway from me and is open 24 hours each day.  I hope I never have to use them … but my two elderly kitties are bound to have issues at some point.  I worry about them all the time and will sincerely miss them at some day.  

BMG:  OMG:  Vacation Schedule – UPDATE
I am leaving town 11/20 returning on 12/18.  I am trying to figure out how the handle my cats here because security is tight.  A vet tech from All Care does not live far but then she may have a problem getting into my unit each day.  She would have to come to the concierge, check in, and then have someone walk her to my apartment.  BUT – she is a vet tech and could give the cats their monthly B-12 shots and daily pills with no problem.  I could put caging up at a friend’s house BUT then getting shots and pills could be a problem.  I don’t know what to do.  I always thing leaving them in their home where they are comfortable would be the best answer.  Tis a puzzlement…as the King used to say!  UPDATE:  Having trouble getting caging located to use at my friend’s house while I am gone.  So, using the vet tech and leaving the cats in my apartment may be the best and ONLY option.   More later…  UPDATE:  Picked up equipment from PCFCC today (Sunday).  We are going to try the caging at my neighbor’s home in Lewisville, I guess.  Stay tuned… 
   
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg  

No comments:

Post a Comment