Sunday, July 15, 2018


Blog 07/09/18 to 07/15/18

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Immediate Response Expected, I Guess!
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  AC Out for 1 ½ Days
OMG (Oh My God):  Allergies in Waxahachie

Relocations:   I placed 15 this week.  13 from the Lewisville City Shelter.                 
4          Adults to Adoption Group (Tito, Luna, Scamp, Smokey)
9          Kittens to Adoption Group
1          Barn in Lucas (Missy) as friend for Cisco
1          Return to No-Kill Adoption Group (Georgie)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Argyle:  Marbles, Sunny, and Buddy went to the barn-dominium.  All three are seen regularly by the family and Buddy can even be petted.  They have a new llama!  GREAT! 


2.     Denison:  Eeyore and Marco went to this workshop with a cat door.  Eeyore is hanging closer around but there is much more food disappearing and dirty litter to just be one cat still there.  I saw Eeyore as a “flash”. 


Calls/Emails:   Immediate Response Expected, I guess!
I received an email with a time stamp of 1:39 requesting cats.  And THEN – another from the same person at 2:03 saying she got cats from a local shelter…which were not tested by the way.  She still wanted 2 from us but if the others are not tested, I am not going to take that chance with our cats.  SORRY!     
                                   
BMG:   AC Out for 1 ½ Days
I returned home on Wednesday evening to find the compressor making nasty noises.  I let it go overnight but it certainly did not get cool.  Thursday morning I turned off the thermostat and “hunkered down” to wait for a repair person.  I called two guys I have used before – 1 has moved to Lubbock and the other was in Corpus on a work assignment.  BUMMER!   I called a friend to get another company name but they could not sent someone until Friday 8 to noon.  He came at about 12:30 on Friday and replaced the fan motor.  MANY THANKS!   We are cool again.    

OMG:  Allergies in Waxahachie
A call came in from Waxahachie on Tuesday evening about a cat she adopted at PetsMart from the Ellis County SPCA (a kill facility).  She discovered she is allergic and did not want to return it there.  I decided to go get the cat on Wednesday and just see what is going on.  WELL – YES, it was adopted at PetsMart but the group was NOT the kill shelter.  That is Georgie listed above and I returned him to Tails of Hope on Friday (after the AC was repaired).  They are a no-kill, foster homing organization and he was get a second chance there.      
 
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment