Sunday, July 1, 2018


Blog 06/25/18 to 07/01/18

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

Relocations
June Closeout
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   Many Kittens Calls/Emails
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Computer Issues
OMG (Oh My God):  Nothing This Week  

Relocations:   I placed 6 this week.  SUMMER IS HERE!                 
3          Barn in Merit (Duncan, Fable, Melissa)
1          Indoor/outdoor in McKinney (Clay)
2          Workshop in Denison (Marco, Eeyore)

June Closeout:  Placed 47 in June for a 298 total for 2018 so far.  The 47 went to 9 North Texas counties:
            Collin              Fannin             Hunt
            Denton            Grayson          Tarrant
            Ellis                 Hopkins          Wise

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Miller Grove:  Spunkie, Jack, Tuxie, and Perch went to this screened in back porch.  I went there to move the cats into the “house” the property owner had made.  2 cats got away from us but the other 2 went successfully into the “house” and stayed.  I think the other two will be back – the food is there!
2.     Waxahachie:  Watermelon, Fig, Mimi, Ozzie, Midnight, and Big Daddy went 2 to a garden shed and 4 above the barn in a storage area.  All 6 are still around -- YES!
3.     McKinney:  Raven, Freddie, Houdini, and Phoenix went to this barn home.  All 4 are still around and doing very well.  The property has 2 donkeys and a Great Pyrenes to keep them safe – AND – they took Clay this week to be indoor/outdoor.  Great chance for all of them!
4.     Wylie:  Billy went to this workshop.  I did not get to see him – I picked up the equipment at their office.  He “is” still there and home it all works out. 
5.     Dodd City:  Charlotte, Jack, and Henry went to this barn that is just behind the family home.  The food is disappearing but the cats have not been spotted.  I’ll bet that will change!

Calls/Emails:   Many Kitten Calls/Emails
People obviously don’t read our website because we do not ever take kittens.  The hawks carry them off in the daytime or the owls at night.  But – even though we do not take them – I try and give advice and direction. 
                                   
BMG:   Computer Issues
You know these things are all MAGIC AND MIRRORS!  I was writing the BLOG this afternoon when I got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.  AHHHHHHH!   Well, my computer friend just got it repaired and I am back in business.  I vote for smoke signals! 
  
OMG:  Nothing This Week
 
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment