Blog 06/25/18 to 07/01/18
Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.: I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019. I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff. I will be available for consultation. If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 email@example.com
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails: Many Kittens Calls/Emails
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan): Computer Issues
OMG (Oh My God): Nothing This Week
Relocations: I placed 6 this week. SUMMER IS HERE!
3 Barn in Merit (Duncan, Fable, Melissa)
1 Indoor/outdoor in McKinney (Clay)
2 Workshop in Denison (Marco, Eeyore)
June Closeout: Placed 47 in June for a 298 total for 2018 so far. The 47 went to 9 North Texas counties:
Collin Fannin Hunt
Denton Grayson Tarrant
Ellis Hopkins Wise
Our Cats after Release:
1. Miller Grove: Spunkie, Jack, Tuxie, and Perch went to this screened in back porch. I went there to move the cats into the “house” the property owner had made. 2 cats got away from us but the other 2 went successfully into the “house” and stayed. I think the other two will be back – the food is there!
2. Waxahachie: Watermelon, Fig, Mimi, Ozzie, Midnight, and Big Daddy went 2 to a garden shed and 4 above the barn in a storage area. All 6 are still around -- YES!
3. McKinney: Raven, Freddie, Houdini, and Phoenix went to this barn home. All 4 are still around and doing very well. The property has 2 donkeys and a Great Pyrenes to keep them safe – AND – they took Clay this week to be indoor/outdoor. Great chance for all of them!
4. Wylie: Billy went to this workshop. I did not get to see him – I picked up the equipment at their office. He “is” still there and home it all works out.
5. Dodd City: Charlotte, Jack, and Henry went to this barn that is just behind the family home. The food is disappearing but the cats have not been spotted. I’ll bet that will change!
Calls/Emails: Many Kitten Calls/Emails
People obviously don’t read our website because we do not ever take kittens. The hawks carry them off in the daytime or the owls at night. But – even though we do not take them – I try and give advice and direction.
BMG: Computer Issues
You know these things are all MAGIC AND MIRRORS! I was writing the BLOG this afternoon when I got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. AHHHHHHH! Well, my computer friend just got it repaired and I am back in business. I vote for smoke signals!
OMG: Nothing This Week
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog. Peg