Sunday, July 22, 2018


Blog 07/16/18 to 07/22/18

Seeking someone to take over Barn Cats, Inc.:  I would like to officially retire as Executive Director in 2019.  I can retain the fundraising pieces but would like to stop the relocations, equipment pickups, phone calls, and emails…the day-to-day stuff.  I will be available for consultation.  If interested call or email Barn Cats…972-315-2875 info@barncats.org

Relocations
Our Cats after Release
Calls/Emails:   “We would watch her get pregnant…”
BMG (Bitch/Moan/Groan):  Barn Delays
OMG (Oh My God):  Burleson:  Husband is a Veterinarian
Tess:  RIP  

Relocations:   I placed 6 this week.  Having to be really careful due to extreme heat and no rain.    

       3          Garage in Burleson (Cammy, Sigmund, Ronny) 
       3          Barn in McKinney (Simba, Fannie, Sherman)

Our Cats after Release: 
1.     Plano:  Placed Sonny with this family several years ago.  They were moving and needed our caging to move Sonny.  He is doing great and hanging out in the garage.   
2.     Merit:  Duncan, Fable, and Melissa went to this barn/workshop.  Fable are seen regularly by the family and Duncan has MOVED INTO THE HOUSE!  GOOD JOB!    


Calls/Emails:   “We would watch her get pregnant…”
Yes – someone actually said that this week.  A female cat was in their backyard and they (several times) watched her impregnated by a tom cat.  Now (of course) they want someone to come get mom, dad and kittens.   Sorry – that is not our job.  We do not do trapping or have volunteers that do trapping.  
                                   
BMG:   Barn Delays
Here in Dallas we are having 110 degree days.  I have stopped putting out any cats until this has passed…probably another week, I hope.  Cats are piling up (5 in my family room and 15 in the cat rooms) but cannot do anything right now.  I hate the middle of summer and the middle of winter.  Relocations stop and we just wait.  Better to wait than worry!

OMG:  Burleson:  Husband is a Veterinarian 
I worry about every cat I put out especially when the weather is extremely hot or excessively cold.  I put these cats out in a garage with a big fan and good air flow – AND – the husband is a vet!   ALL GOOD! 

Tess:  RIP
My Tess (age 19) passed away on Friday, 7/20/2018 at about 4:35 pm.  She had many health issues at the end.  I am sad but it was the best for her.  She came to me in 1999 from a friend who has rent houses in Dallas.  She was found at one of those homes with a bunch of kittens.  When she and her husband were trying to figure out what to do, a guy came from across the street and said “Hey – I was going to feed them to my pit bulls”  With that the husband got in his face and the wife starting throwing mom and kittens into their vehicle.  I got them all the next weekend at an Adopt-A-Pet.  The kittens got adopted quickly but mom only liked me.  Well that worked out fine for her.  She is now in a better place and is feeling much better.  Tess:  RIP – you will be missed!  We all loved you!  

 
 
Thanks for following the Barn Cats Blog.            Peg                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment